LegacyGT.com

Tint basics - what to ask the shop?

exsterminator

My other project for my 09 OBXT is full tinting. The cheapest reputable place I have found round here want $300 for all the windows which is steep. My brother-in-law got his done by a guy he knows who is asking $185 for the lot - obviously a huge difference. What should I ask the guy before committing to ascertain his expertise?

He said it is lifetime warranty but I need to clarify if this in on the tint or his workmanship. I will make sure he is okay with me being 100% satisfied before I pay him and that if I am unsatisfied with anything, that he fixes it first for no extra cost.

What else?

Some of the things I always ask when shopping for tint are:

1) What type of tint film is used and what warranty comes with it?

2) What does the lifetime/limited warranty include? Should cover bubbling and fading if it is a good quality film.

3) How do you handle the tops of roll down windows? Do you leave a gap from the edge or match up exactly to the edge? There should be a small gap between where the edge of the window is compared to the edge of the top of the tint.

4) Do you clean the windows before applying your tint?

5) Do you have examples of your work that I can see?

That should get you started. :)

Some of the things I always ask when shopping for tint are:

1) What type of tint film is used and what warranty comes with it?

2) What does the lifetime/limited warranty include? Should cover bubbling and fading if it is a good quality film.

3) How do you handle the tops of roll down windows? Do you leave a gap from the edge or match up exactly to the edge? There should be a small gap between where the edge of the window is compared to the edge of the top of the tint.

4) Do you clean the windows before applying your tint?

5) Do you have examples of your work that I can see?

That should get you started. :)

Ask if they file window edges. If they are really good you get NO TAN LINES. If you have a Legacy (no window frames) then they can file the tint right to the edge of the window. Looks totally stock and is smooth at the edge. Lee Berbs did mine in Jersey.

Archived