LegacyGT.com

Having brake issues

I tried searching, but i don't see anyone with the same issue. My brake light has been on since i bought it a month or so ago. The brakes have been working ok though so i figured it must be an e-brake sensor or something. Yesterday morning i started driving the car and the brakes almost completely stopped working. It took a good distance to stop the car. When i got in the car this morning, they worked fine again. Then they just quit working again during lunch. Any suggestions?

I tried searching, but i don't see anyone with the same issue. My brake light has been on since i bought it a month or so ago. The brakes have been working ok though so i figured it must be an e-brake sensor or something. Yesterday morning i started driving the car and the brakes almost completely stopped working. It took a good distance to stop the car. When i got in the car this morning, they worked fine again. Then they just quit working again during lunch. Any suggestions?

I have one...

You should probably stop driving the car until the issue is resolved.

Have you checked fluid? Could there be a leak in the system? Made any enemies lately?

had to drive it. long story. It's 10 minutes to work and i was careful. lol. Getting under the car tomorrow and also checking fluid level. The pedal goes almost to the floor before grabbing on the brakes.

sounds like low pressure to the calipers but yeah check your fluids

Does anyone suggest brake lines? I found these http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=330383846632&viewitem=&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWAX%3AIT on ebay. I have to check if that one includes the hardware. I need them cheap. I paid $500 for the car and i don't want to put a lot of money in it. You get what you pay for. lol

this is just like me. same price. same brand. same tire. same problem. i bleed them. the pressure was up. the line went boom. and fluid covers the whole RR wheel well. i suppose you need diff break line too though.

• 1 month later...

i replaced both rear lines. i didnt do it so i have no idea what exactly was done, just that the lines where replaced. but no i got the same problem again. i was trying to make it leak on the snow packed road today but the leak never "opened" and the level what fine in the little tank thing. idk if this matters but my ABS light has been on sense i got the car. but i dont even have abs. or it dont work.

any ideas whats the matter? abs light on for ever. car loss tons of fluid one day. i had to refill twice. but now today i could not make it leak again.

I would also like to not as much information about the brake line layout in my car as possible. and any info for that matter. i am tricking out my brakes before anything else in my car. after this problem it shows me how important good brakes are.

Archived