LegacyGT.com

jazzy mod installers?

Firebro

hey everyone, looking to install this mod on my 06 LGT. Tried using an FM transmitter for my ipod but the sound quality is poor and I hate re-scanning. I don't have the time to do it. Can anyone recommend any installers who can do the mod? Preferably greater LA area.

thanks

I don't think this is going to be something that any local installers are going to be familiar with, unfortunately. If you really don't have time to do it yourself, I'd suggest that maybe you print out the (awesome!) intructions on JazzyMT's site and take them to some of your local car-stereo shops and ask for quotes. All of them should be able to pull the stereo easily enough, but they may or may not be willing to open up the unit to install the board. The risk of screwing up your stereo may not be worth their time.

Where exactly are you at? I may be able to help over Christmas if you do want to tackle it yourself, although it's been a couple years since I did mine. I'm in Torrance.

Seek first to understand, then to be understood.

In other words: SEARCH before you post!

thanks for the input...Scooter (or whoever can help), let me know how much you want to give me a hand in doing this, I can drive down to South Bay area (I'm located in Pasadena/SGV). BTW, I was reading about the Leptronix aux-in which doesn't require a silent CD (http://www.legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=115605&highlight=liquidaux), any thoughts on this over the jazzy mod?

thanks

that link you posted is interesting. However the only issue is that you would need to get someone that doesn't mild the soldering.
"some say, his arms are made of coiled adamantium fibers. And that he tops his cereal with nuts and bolts. All we know is, he's called the Jose."

thanks for the input...Scooter (or whoever can help), let me know how much you want to give me a hand in doing this, I can drive down to South Bay area (I'm located in Pasadena/SGV). BTW, I was reading about the Leptronix aux-in which doesn't require a silent CD (http://www.legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=115605&highlight=liquidaux), any thoughts on this over the jazzy mod?

thanks

I installed one of Sebastien's (Leptronix) boards in my old radio before swapping out to an 08 HU. The soldering was simple and the board worked as advertised. I have the tools necessary and could help you with the install if you decide to go that route.

I think I'll defer to one of the other experts here; the other guys are undoubtedly more proficient at this than I would be.

<- Note my Av...

Seek first to understand, then to be understood.

In other words: SEARCH before you post!

Archived