LegacyGT.com

MRT Master Cylinder Brace anyone?

heydutchie

I tried to install the brace, but it won't work on the 05 Legacy. The hole where you are supposed to install the bolt on the frame rail doesn't exist or I'm really blind. Gonna call Tarmac-Usa tomorrow.

On my STi the hole has a plastic plug in it that you have to pull out. I haven't looked at the Legacy yet, but my bracket is on it's way.

I examined the engine bay for awhile last night and there is no way this brace will fit in the Legacy. I don't know if having an automatic makes a difference or not. Still waiting to hear back from tarmac usa.

On my STi the hole has a plastic plug in it that you have to pull out. I haven't looked at the Legacy yet, but my bracket is on it's way.

I am sure someone can fab a bracket up that would maybe even mount onto the strut top if they really wanted to do it. But I would start with stainless steel lines to eliminate pedal mush first than the bracket.

Now it would be a different story if I was running two master cylinders for brake proportion, then I'll definitely fab up a bracket for both systems.

Keefe

Keefe

I doubt you would have issues on brake lines unless the brake line installation really was crappy and it beat up all the hardware and fittings and causes a leak in your brake system and thus void your warranty.

Moral of the story: if you plan to mod the car, mod it with care and take it to a very reputable shop. If you plan on doing it yourself, assume the responsibility that can go wrong.

Keefe

Keefe

I doubt you would have issues on brake lines unless the brake line installation really was crappy and it beat up all the hardware and fittings and causes a leak in your brake system and thus void your warranty.

Moral of the story: if you plan to mod the car, mod it with care and take it to a very reputable shop. If you plan on doing it yourself, assume the responsibility that can go wrong.

Keefe

I had Goodridge SS lines on my RS rallycar without any issues. The Leggy is the family car so I'm restricting myself to simple mods that can be easily reversed back to stock if the need arises.

Tarmac has determined that the master cylinder brace they currently sell will not work for the 05 Legacy GT. The good news is that they will now be designing a brace specifically for the Legacy. I get to be the lucky test monkey. I'll post a new thread once I receive the prototype.

That's good news. Will the new design install as easy as the one for the WRX/STi, or at least easier than the old MRT braces?

I would assume install will be as straightforward as the one for the WRX/STi.

Tarmac has determined that the master cylinder brace they currently sell will not work for the 05 Legacy GT. The good news is that they will now be designing a brace specifically for the Legacy. I get to be the lucky test monkey. I'll post a new thread once I receive the prototype.

Crap. Mine was on the doorstep when I got home. :mad::(

I'm with Keefe on this. I just ordered my ss lines. Unless you are going to add a twin master set-up, the lines and good pads should do yhr trick.

As my grandfather said, "Pay attention when you do a repair, tighten everything twice, when you are done you shoud not have any spare parts or your butt will be on the side of the road"

Archived