LegacyGT.com

2009 Legacy 3.0R

Hey Guys,

Just picked up a Satin White 2009 3.0R. Really enjoying the car and have learned alot about the Legacy from this forum. I am also looking forward to the first snow here in Kansas too! Anyway, I have a few questions for you:

1. After spending some time in it I have realized that the front seat bottom bolster digs in to my hips more than I would like :eek: making long drives uncomfortable. Anyone have this issue and if so how did you resolve it? I was thinking about taking it to a upholstry shop and having them add foam or take the metal boltsters out. Thoughts on this?

2. Will LGT cat back exhaust parts fit the pipes on the 3.0R? Any other mods suggested for the H6?

Thanks again for your help and looking forward to the DRIVE!

Regards,

Dan

My brother Leke, who is a member on here has an 09 3.0R also. I have not driven the car extensively, but from what I recall, I had no issues with the seats at all. But then again, I am used to the WRX units which don't have much wiggle room at all. Send him a PM, and see what he suggests.

As for modifications for the H6, I'm not so sure that there are any major modifications that you can do as far as power (without going completely custom), but I believe a few companies make some rather exotic-looking bolt-on parts: K2 comes to mind. I believe they make an exhaust manifold for these cars. beautiful pieces, but the price tag if I remember correctly is just as impressive as the appearance of the parts. There are also the usual intake and exhaust mods that most people perform.

Not sure who makes intakes for the H6 however. The good thing though is that I believe Romraider or Opensource has the ECU cracked, so if you have a good tuner nearby, you may be able to have the performance maximized for the type of fuel you use, or the modifications you have on the car, or have the 3 maps changed for different driving dynamics.

There is plenty that you can do as far as body modifications for these cars, so there are options in that regard. They can be rather expensive however.

Leke has the STi mufflers on his car, which definitely add a throatier sound without while still being livable on a daily basis. Very clean looking and subtle. They are kinda hard to find though, as I remember it took a long time for him to source a clean set.

Drop him a line though, and see what he recommends. I keep an eye as to what he does with his car, but have to admit that I don't know the nitty gritty when it comes to the fitment and the like..I'm just a spectator, and put in my two cents when necessary :D

Good luck, and enjoy the car. I know I do every time I he lends me the car:)

Archived