LegacyGT.com

ambient lighting?

KurtP

true... my spec.b does seem to be a bit higher than the lgt and my wife's 2.5i (the spec is not lowered).

either way, its a valid point. im sure there is an oem part for the light. Its likely part of an entire assembly though.

grrrrr

As Merc6 said, I was at a lower angle(crouching), which is probably the reason why the light was visible. standing in front of the car, the led is not visible at all.

true... my spec.b does seem to be a bit higher than the lgt and my wife's 2.5i (the spec is not lowered).

either way, its a valid point. im sure there is an oem part for the light. Its likely part of an entire assembly though.

grrrrr

I'm willing to bet that the assembly would not fit without heavy mod'ing.

it almost looks too bright. i like the light it casts, and i like the fact that it matches the red in all the instrumentation, but i dont like the fact that you can see it out of the car (if that makes any sense)

i like the new model legacy's lights. they recess in a bit, and you can barely see where they are coming from. i beleive they are blue from what i recall (it was a loaner car).

wonder what the part is from Subie... and how much they are, then i can mod my 09 just to fit the oem bulb.

As Merc6 said, I was at a lower angle(crouching), which is probably the reason why the light was visible. standing in front of the car, the led is not visible at all.

I'm willing to bet that the assembly would not fit without heavy mod'ing.

Yeah there is always a small change in a design and if you ask the parts guy or look @ illustrations you would never get a definite yes. Only way to find out is to be a guinea.

when i have a minute perhaps i will call and first ask how much the oem replacement kit is. LIke i said, im sure it comes with the harnesses, and a whole bunch of nonesense that will make it a $60 part, and therefore not an option. Im not gonna spend much more than $25 to get the parts. Even that is a rip off for an led or two!

• I Donated
The LED in the 5th gen is mounted into the map light/sunroof control assembly. My guess is you would need to buy the whole asembly. I did some research on possible recessed LEDs for this mod in mid-December and couldn't find anything manstream. Maybe some kind of Digi-Key ninja could find something for us?

yeah, im sure it wouldnt fit either, but i just want the led's off of the factory kit. they were perfect.

IMO that would be a waste of money, because it is not the LEDs that made it so perfect, but rather the fact that the LED/s were recessed.

If you could find a way to have them recessed into somewhere, that would be perfect.

merc 6 - EXACTLY! lol

and Flat4, i agree... The recessing is a huge factor. Though the cool hues of the factory light was nice. But from what i recall, it was blue. So.... that doesnt exactly match our instrumentation.

i need to make time, and grow some courage to drill into my practically new car. lol

maybe after i do the ipod integration kit (thats been sitting here for months), i will have 'warmed up' a bit.

Find a totaled leggy parting out interior. Donor interior pieces are great. You screw up you can decide if you wanna try again now knowing what NOT to do or just call it completely off.

As for blue lighting, I wish that blue interior in the concept 08-09 leggy with white leather seats was real. We could swap out the lights in almost everyting but not sure about the speedo cluster.

Archived