LegacyGT.com

cold air on 98 gt

subikid90

I have to dig up some old threads on other sites, but usually it requires you to cut into the inside front fender and put a cone on to get "true cold air"! Otherwise a short or long ram intake should work as a CAI. I have a short ram wepon-r. Not to happy with the sound and looks tacky, but that will change.

It is quite expensive to go Injen, nonetheless the cheapest and maybe one of the better ones is a DIY hybrid CAI.

Though I ignored the fact that we're running an n/a... and that I'll be sucking in hot air from the engine bay, I still went with a cosmoracing SRI :p Some ugly weathers up north, so I didnt want to run the risk of hydrolocking.

thanks for all of the information. I think im going to go with the short ram. does anyone have a picture of a 98 gt with a short ram installed? would fabing up an aluminum box to keep the hot engine air out?

thanks for all of the information. I think im going to go with the short ram. does anyone have a picture of a 98 gt with a short ram installed? would fabing up an aluminum box to keep the hot engine air out?

yes, as long as it's done correctly. you just have to know where clean air is coming in, and duct the air to come in from there. good luck!

• 2 weeks later...

Archived