LegacyGT.com

Door handle funk

awe25gt

Was wondering if anyone else here has noticed that the exterior door handles and surrounding insert don't look as if they have the same number of coats of paint, or just not the same color as the rest of the car? My car has this and I just got back from the dealer,they will replace all four under warranty. This has been bugging me for a while and am glad it's going to be fixed.:)

I'm guessing that the painting of the doors and that of the handles and surrounds are seperate operations (maybe even occur in different plants?) and there happended to be a noticeable mismatch in the paints used in the two different procedures.

• 1 month later...
update: Well I just had my door handles replaced and can say that the 3 they replaced look much better. Part that burns me is they tried to act like they replaced all 4 but failed(tried unsuccessfully) to do the driver door and in doing so dented around the handle. So now I have three nice matching handles and one that's not, with dents around it. Yet ANOTHER talk with the Subaru rep on Monday, YAY!

Archived