LegacyGT.com

Climate control question...heat turns off??

I've got a 2005 GT and when I have the temp set to 23C everything is fine and toasty...for a short while...then all of a sudden the A/C indicator would come on by itself.

After that I can't get the damn thing to blow heat anymore?? Anyone have this issue or know whats wrong?

This is done with 'manual' mode not auto.

Thanks

23C is not the max and I understand that it might/will turn off once it hits the set temp but after awhile the heat stops and A/C comes on and stays on.

At that point the cabin temp drops...this is when I try to turn the heat back on but no warm air blows...this is what I'm trying to figure out...why does it not come back on?

You try to turn the heat back on, or you turn the temp up?

If all you're doing is trying to turn the "AC" off, all you're doing is turning off the compressor. You can run the AC while hot. Try it ... when the car is cold, turn the heat up and turn on the AC at the same time. The AC will help dry the air but the air coming out of the vents will be warm.

I actually turn everything off then turn the heat back on via the fan speed control.

So it would be something like:

15min w/heat on

AC indicator comes on

air from vents is slightly cool (not warm or cold)

turn AC off, no warm air WTF??

turn everything off and wait 5-10min

turn on heat via fan control, still no warm air WTF?!!?

I get what you're saying and the problem is you think it is tied to the AC ... that's not the case. Try this:

Turn everything off, then turn the heat back on via the fan speed control AND turn on the AC.

Now watch as the rest of the things you describe happen in the same sequence except the AC will already be on.

What is happening is the car is trying to heat up to 23°C or 73°F where you set it ... the car doesn't care how warm the air is when it's blowing out of the vent, it is going to try to maintain 23° regardless of what is coming out of the vents. If you want warmer air, you need to turn the heat up. The system is designed to reach an operating temperature in the vehicle, not a constant temperature out of the vents.

To recap, if you want warmer air to come out of the vents, turn up the set temperature. It's that simple.

I appreciate you help. I understand what you're saying but maybe I did not explain myself well.

Once it reaches the temp it shuts off but in winter time the cabin becomes cold again but the temp is no longer maintained.

I tried fooling around with it but I'm not satisfied with the stupid system.

Archived