LegacyGT.com

First Subaru, Looking for advice.

I just picked up my first Subaru and after a month of driving it I'm in love with it. Its a 1999 Legacy GT limited 30th Anniversary with 91k. I was wondering where I should start performance wise. I'm new to car tuning my last car was an 87 Coupe DeVille, so I wasn't doing much with the engine, just the interior. My friends have been telling me that getting an intake on it would just be a waste of money but other than an wrx swap they haven't really told me anything thats going to help me go fast, so if any of you could help me out that would be great, Thanks.

Your friend is wrong! Intakes help the feed more cooler air into the engine so that means more air, more fuel, more HP. I would start with intake, exhaust, headders, performance cam........ I do not know if you want to stay n/a or spool though?

Your friend is wrong! Intakes help the feed more cooler air into the engine so that means more air, more fuel, more HP. I would start with intake, exhaust, headders, performance cam........ I do not know if you want to stay n/a or spool though?

Thats a good list of things to start, but I'd begin with the exhaust and then an intake or you MIGHT sound like a honda :lol:... but your car only has 91k, so enjoy it for awhile before you swap (which is what you HAVE to do to go FASTTTTTTT!!...)

Thank you guys for the advice. Now I know where to start. And as for the engine swap, its gonna be awhile before that happens cause I'm gonna need to save up money for it but it will happen.

oh and any recommendations for an intake, I'm looking for a short ram cause i plan on taking the car off roading quite a bit and i don't want to suck up too much crap. and what exhaust sound good one these cars?

Thanks

Archived