LegacyGT.com

Removing interior door panels

fullerslgt

Take off decorative piece around grab handle. It wraps around the actual handle part. Basically just gently pull on it, it will release. There's a screw on the top of the handle, and a screw on the bottom that are accessable once the trim is removed. Then pull on the latch that opens the door and look at the cavity it rests in. There is a flat piece in the back of it with a notch in it. It's either on the top or bottom, I cant remember. Slide a small, flat, screw driver in the notch and pop it out. There's another screw behind that piece. Remove that and then, starting from the bottom of the door panel, give it a tug. I've had my doors off a dozen times or so, and have yet to break any clips, so I think thats one spot Subaru actually spent some extra cash...lol. They seem pretty tough. Once the panel is off, unplug the electrical connectors for the light and switches. Theres a plastic flap covering the location that the lock and door handle cables attach. Pop that up, pull the cable towards you (leaning over the door) and lift the cable end up, and out of the retainer. (That will make more sence once you actually look at it, trust me). Should take you +/-3 minutes once you do one. :cool:

Archived