LegacyGT.com

Remote Trunk Trigger Wire Help Please!!!

ClimberDHexMods

For an 05 LGT Wagon, I am wondering how to isolate the key fob trunk button's trigger wire so that the button triggers an aux outside function instead of unlocking the wagon gate, but still allowing the remote's door unlock button to unlock all the doors including the rear gate. I just want to reroute that wire from its trunk-only function to an aftermarket function.

I have read the manual including Electrical Wiring System #46 - Keyless Entry System - many times. Specifically page WI-185. I have done my best to understand all of it, but I still don't know for sure which wire to tap, and where. If you know your way around this and can help, please do :)

I have been using this for quick reference and comparison as well: http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=59165

Trunk Pin (-) lt green/black (BIU, 35 pin plug, pin 17) - Probably this one

Trunk Release (5-wire) white/black (BIU, 35 pin plug, pin 22) (which isn't a 5-wire supposedly...)

Don't know how to tell what to cut and tap, and really don't want to go messing things up!

Here is one theory: I figure I could (with your help) identify the correct wire that sends a pulse from the remote trunk button's module output (in the BIU?) and route that to my aux function. Then T the other end of the cut wire into the door unlock output so I can still unlock the rear wagon gate with the remote unlock button. Is this correct, and which wire(s)?

[CENTER][B][I] Front Limited Slip Racing Differentials for the 5EAT now available for $1895 shipped, please inquire for details! [/I][/B][/CENTER]

Ok let me see if this is correct. On the key fob there is the gate release button. You want to use that button to preform a different function then releasing the gate. But you still want the gate to unlock if you press the unlock button on the key fob.

From looking at the wiring diagrams for an 09 which should be fairly close to your 05 there are two systems on the gate that control the lock and latch.

Also since I don't own a wagon but looking at the the diagram and owners manual there is a handle on the outside of the gate so once its unlocked you can open it from the out side without using the key fob.

So in theory what you are trying to do is possible. All what you would have to do is cut the wire that goes to the gate latch switch which i'm guessing is the popper also and then take the end from the plug and tape it and the other end which signals the popper to what ever function you want it to control.

Now onto some wiring.

There are two wiring connectors in the rear gate that control the lock mechanism and the latch. Plug D47 for the lock actuator and D46 for the Latch switch. Looking at the diagram I would think you'd have to cut the Light gray/black wire on pin 2 of plug D46 that goes to the latch switch since the other wire is a ground. Without my multi meter on hand I can't go out to my car and see which plug does what and what wire does what when you press a button on the fob. I'd have to swing by my work and grab my meter to confirm what I'm saying but it seems very possible that what you want to do is doable.

276hp/347tq On a DynoJet

Dyno Video - Had a big lean spot as you can tell in the second pull

^^^ Thank you for your post.

I do want the wagon gate unlock button on my key fob to trigger an outside function, but I do not want it to also unlock my wagon gate.

I did more forum research, and this is not a new idea, though I may be the first to actually implement it. http://legacygt.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1749641&postcount=36 That whole thread holds the information I need, and I will verify by looking at the vacation pics as well. I just need to cut a wire from the BIU and reroute it to my auxilary device. It may likely be the one you have referenced. I will confirm soon (that we are on the same page regarding what we're talking about). I'm going to sleep now though

[CENTER][B][I] Front Limited Slip Racing Differentials for the 5EAT now available for $1895 shipped, please inquire for details! [/I][/B][/CENTER]

So taken from two other threads (remote one press unlock all doors mod, and trunk pop/rear gate unlock included in aforementioned mod mod).

Cut the white/black wire (rear gate relay) on BIU. Connect car side of white/black wire to the light green wire, BIU (3-door unlock relay).

WindyRoad, I see what you mean by

D47 (Rear Gate Lock Actuator [motor]), comes from both BIU A7 (35-pin, pin 7) light green/yellow, and completes circuit at BIU A22 white/black. A7 is shared with the other 4 doors' actuators, but A22 is only wagon gate.

D46 (Rear Gate Latch Switch) - from BIU 35pin, pin 17 light green/black, [through connector R98 on i53, and then through R39 to D35 to finally get to D46...]

I get the feeling that I actually need to be tapping a wire coming out of the Keyless Entry Control Module, but I have not found good information on that. I don't want the trunk unlock wire to pulse when I press the interior door unlock button. I wish I knew this stuff really well...

Curious as to what the other function will be. :)

It will trigger a relay, which will trigger a bigger relay, which will trigger a bigger relay, which will trip a mega capacitor, which will fire my... death ray traffic clearing device :cool:

Curious as to what the other function will be. :)

Actually the idea is the Trunk Pop remote button will just start my car.

I don't need (or use) the Trunk Unlock button on the factory remote because I can just click the Door Unlock button twice on the remote. My only concern is that if I press the Unlock button on the inside of the car door, it will trigger the car to start. This would be cool too, but could also be annoying; I don't want to be reaching for the override/disable switch unless I specifically want to do something else, such as disable it for idiot valet parking at the restaurants my fiancee drags me to so she can feel better.

So I'm going to hookup the wires in question to LEDs or a multimeter later on when I'm closer to finishing my project list, and report back if/when I get this figured out.

Archived