LegacyGT.com

2008 spec b

K-loon-p

Mark: Where are you coming up with that arbitrary number??? GTP is for a used vehicle....ie driven, this price is not bad at all.

To the OP, that is not a bad price at all. You can always ask to get a lower price, but where it sits, it is not bad. I really hate when people come up with bs arbitrary numbers and say that should be the price. How would they know? So, if you want a Subaru salesman's opinion, buy that car! I would still try to get a better deal, but even if you can't, you aren't getting ripped off by buying it at that price. You can also ask if they'll certify it. This will get you a better interest rate and a 100k mile warranty. Because this will be classified as a used vehicle (age), the interest rate saving will offset the cost.

Guest heightsgtltd
How is that a good price when it's a car that's two model years old and has been sitting on a lot? People were buying a new 2008 Spec. B for not much more than that in 2008

That seems like a pretty terrible price. Granted, its for a spec.B but its 2 model years old.

Go to Edmunds and price check the value of a certified used '08 spec.B with 1k miles. Because that's really much closer to what you're buying than a new car.

The problem with buying a car that old is that the instant you drive it off the lot, it becomes a 2-yr old used car with low miles. You should probably be able to get it for around $25k.

One last point. 200 miles! That's a lot for a "new" car. That's a lot of test drives with fairly hard driving to consider.

That seems like a pretty terrible price. Granted, its for a spec.B but its 2 model years old.

Go to Edmunds and price check the value of a certified used '08 spec.B with 1k miles. Because that's really much closer to what you're buying than a new car.

The problem with buying a car that old is that the instant you drive it off the lot, it becomes a 2-yr old used car with low miles. You should probably be able to get it for around $25k.

One last point. 200 miles! That's a lot for a "new" car. That's a lot of test drives with fairly hard driving to consider.

200 miles is not a lot of test drive miles....and not everyone beats the car up on test drives.

Umm please :rolleyes:

No one ever pays MSRP for new Legacies anyway so the entire valuation is off

Wait a minute, wait a minute, wait a minute....you guys threw out the edmunds thing....and now when it agrees with the big nasty car salesman, it's all of the sudden not accurate?????:iam:

Besides, this price is under what edmunds says.:lol:

out of respect for the salesman and his safety i babied the cars i test drove, even when i was told to "get on it" by the salesman i still drove the cars with care and respect. i test drove an 08 sti, 08 wrx sedan, and then an 08 LGT before making my final decision. not once did i redline, hit peak boost or launch the cars. but thats just me. sounds like a good price on the Spec B if its exactly what you want. i should've sprung the little extra for the spec B but the price wasn't right when i was shopping

Yes I bought my spec b today and I got it for 27and some change what do you guys think

I think you are going to have a great time with it, I love mine. Two model years old and new was a rare treasure to me, I always buy last years model because I wear my cars out, I don't trade every 2 or 3 years, more like 10 or 15. My Spec B replaced a 1992 Mercedes 300E 4-Matic!

I think you are going to have a great time with it, I love mine. Two model years old and new was a rare treasure to me, I always buy last years model because I wear my cars out, I don't trade every 2 or 3 years, more like 10 or 15. My Spec B replaced a 1992 Mercedes 300E 4-Matic!

At shortline where I bought mine they still have three spec b left, they have red, black , and that silver blue color. I bought the dark gray one

guys, i just happened on this thread. i'm finding an 08 spec for $27. ok thats what they are asking. its got 10k on it. what would be a good price? esp, given the member above got his 1k for 27.

am i looking at $25k? thanks for your replies.

bud, congrats on ur spec. enjoy.

guys, i just happened on this thread. i'm finding an 08 spec for $27. ok thats what they are asking. its got 10k on it. what would be a good price? esp, given the member above got his 1k for 27.

am i looking at $25k? thanks for your replies.

bud, congrats on ur spec. enjoy.

You really should just look at places like edmunds.com and kbb.com. All prices will vary some from region to region. This will give you a much better idea than having people throw out ramdom numbers.

I will stress that those sites only give you an idea of what the car should sell for based on what others similar are selling for in your region. But remember, just because that's what edmunds or kbb or nada say, that doesn't mean you're going to get it for that price. It could be higher or lower. It all comes down to a couple of things...one: what they own the car for, two: whether the price they're asking for is already at a loss, three: how long they've had the car sitting on their lot and lastly, how you act.. If you're cool with them and express serious interest (serious as in you will buy it that day) they might be more flexible. If you come in there demanding, they won't work with you as much because they can always sell it to someone else. Also, if you don't act like you'll buy it right away, they may not work with you as much because they'll think you are going to buy it anyway.

Either way, things are much more regulated these days to where even if you paid the asking price, you aren't getting "ripped off". While it may not be as cheap as you could have gotten it, you still aren't paying crazy amounts for a piece of crap.

Anyway, hopefully you'll find this helpful. Good luck!

Archived