LegacyGT.com

Anyone know a good installer for a remote start in Salt Lake?

Deadzep

I want to get that done to my Outback! From what I know, shops will not install remote start on a manual car, as it is a liability. But, a good friend of mine is the master of electronics and automotive stuff, so he can do it if you are interested.

thanks for the help guys.

JDMChizad, i can't find a website for that store or in yellowpages.com. is it an actual shop and how do i find them?

polatinte, i called car concepts and they will install on a manual, but their price seems really high. i'm dropping by their shop to get more details. looks like they use python units exclusively.

anyone know of any other places? it'd be nice to price-shop and maybe see some other choices besides python.

Performance Technique is the remote start system... My friend is an electrical maniac and he has done a lot of really good work on my Legacys. I wouldn't trust anybody else to do it. Like I said, you'll have a hard time finding a shop to install remote start on a manual, as it is a liability issue. So, let me know if you would be down to have him do it.

I agree about Car Concepts being expensive. I'm friends with a few of their regulars, so they didn't charge me labor on my sound system last year. Otherwise I wouldn't have done it. When I went in for the remote start, they quoted me $250 if I remember correctly. Frankly I wouldn't pay more than $100 for a remote start though. I don't find walking outside and starting it, then walking back inside that horrible to justify that amount of cash. :rolleyes:

Just my opinion though.

Besides, "obsessive" is just a term the lazy use for people that are thorough :lol:

-fishbone

• 1 month later...

so i ended up having Car Concepts install a Viper system and it's working ok. expensive, but oh well. what i don't like is the whole manual transmission safety sequence to enable the remote start. big pita. i'm hoping to find someone that can install a safety switch that detects when the car is in neutral and then tell the Viper system that my car is an automatic.

JDMChizad, do you think your friend can do that? since everything is already installed, i imagine it wouldn't be a $200 charge, but i'm definitely willing to pay a fair price for something like that

Archived