LegacyGT.com

What cars can beat the stock Legacy GT

sawyer1370

• 2 weeks later...

Well, if you launch like I do, you can beat a 05 Mustang GT by about 1-2 cars, and both of us were very experienced drivers and had good runs, but I didn't power shift so maybe one more car if I did. I also beat my old car which was a 93 firebird formula that ran a 14.5 with some mods (gears bolt-ons) which was about 2 cars off an e46 M3. The times are slow because I live at 6000' so subtract about 1 to 1.2 sec to get sea level times.

By the way I wouldn't recommend driving them that way rev limiter drops don't lead to a tranny lasting very long. But the cars are fast if you abuse them out of the hole, not a whole lot of top end though all of the cars were pulling back at the end of the quarter.

Legacy GT turn in low 14s with testors driving them. They don't use rev limiter launches, which are very hard on the cars and they usually do it with a full tank of gas too. Plus, this theory has yet to be proven but I think that turbo cars lose less power at altitude then na cars. That second is just an estimate. I don't remember the exact times that the testors had but I think they were in the 2.0-2.1 sec 60 ft times. Which launching the way I do it should be around a 1.8 which cuts off about .5 sec. Drag racers say every .1 off your sixty foot is about .2-.3 off your 1/4 time. Its all about how much you are willing to abuse your car.

Archived