LegacyGT.com

New here, and to Subies

So, yesterday I was scanning the local craigslist and came upon a 1996 Legacy(2.2, auto, wagon) for $500..Currently I own a '92 Laser turbo, and have had a couple swapped Honda's, and..:rolleyes:..a couple V8's. I've always wanted a Subie, I figured it was high time to go look at this one..got there..and the car has obviously been sitting for awhile and is dirty as hell, has a bunch of junk inside, including the front bumper. Not to mention the starter was taken off, and one of the brake lines is leaking. So i haggled this old guy down to $200, so i'm the proud new owner of a '96 legacy, I bought this car for the sole purpose of beating the hell out of it on our snowy unplowed roads up here in the north and maybe even some amature rally events up here. So I do have some questions.

1. What cars have a starter that will interchange with this one besides other legacys? I'm assuming it needs to be from an auto car, and a 2.2, or will others work?

2. The area right before the converter on the header is rotted out, and needs to be replaced..so is there any cheap ebay headers options available for me?

3. where is some info on motorswaps? I just need some general info on what motors are interchangeable. Also, what parts (like suspension parts, brakes, body etc) are interchangeable with the legacy?

4. Welding the rear diff on a Sube..do-able? stupid? fun? who's done it and where are the pictures

Thanks for the help

Archived