LegacyGT.com

PSM vs. Cosmo vs. Weapon R

ESSYMOND

Looking to get a SRI for my leggy, I've looked at these 3 brands and they are somewhat financially friendly. The Cosmo SRI fits easily since they already have a MAF bracket I believe, but the PSM one doesn't. Not too sure about Weapon R as well.

Any experiences with these? And should I go SRI or CAI instead? Thanks!

• Mega Users
What other mods have you done to the car? If this is your first mod save your money and skip it entirely. This will do nothing but make big sound and may cause your engine to run lean due to incorrect MAF readings. The stock intake and exhaust system is good to around 300hp. Search the crap out of this forum and find out what you'd like to get out of your car. Straight line speed, cornering ability, reliable but fun, etc. There's a million items available to throw on these cars so choose wisely. I've got a stage 1 tune from Infamous1, some light exterior and interior mods, a catless uppipe, and a 50/50 BOV. BTW, what make, year, model, etc. is your car? That will probably get you a few more responses. If you're still set on an intake, I've heard nothing but good things about the K&N (I don't know if they refer to it as SRI or CAI).

What other mods have you done to the car? If this is your first mod save your money and skip it entirely. This will do nothing but make big sound and may cause your engine to run lean due to incorrect MAF readings. The stock intake and exhaust system is good to around 300hp. Search the crap out of this forum and find out what you'd like to get out of your car. Straight line speed, cornering ability, reliable but fun, etc. There's a million items available to throw on these cars so choose wisely. I've got a stage 1 tune from Infamous1, some light exterior and interior mods, a catless uppipe, and a 50/50 BOV. BTW, what make, year, model, etc. is your car? That will probably get you a few more responses. If you're still set on an intake, I've heard nothing but good things about the K&N (I don't know if they refer to it as SRI or CAI).

I believe the OP has a N/A legacy since none of those intakes are for the 2.5T model

Thanks for the reply, but im on a 1999 LGT without many mechanical mods besides an spt axleback, only aesthetic type of mods. This will be my first one on this car...

Im not looking to rice up the car and make it sound like a Honda, but I do want more of a rumble.

Do K&N make intakes for 2nd Gen Leggys?

I checked the Injen website and they gave me two models, are they both MAF based?

You want the one for 98-99' impreza 2.5 RS

Btw, whats your arguement for never putting a SRI on an n/a?

Because you will be sucking in hot air from your engine bay. Your stock intake would pull much cooler air than a cone filter sitting in your engine bay.

Archived