LegacyGT.com

Muffler delete

tjbev21

so i have been running a muffler delete for about a month now and it sounds good (stock mufflers removed and replaced with SS pipe out to some tips)

i was wondering has anyone removed the stock resonator before and replaced it with something like the magnaflow glasspack? im trying to get a little deeper tone w/o breakin the bank for the magnaflow cbe < sound im tryin to replicate (saving for stage 2 right now)

I had the same setup and it is not as loud as you would think but...

beware when going stage 2 and or removing cats. I had the muffler delete with 3 cats and then went hollow up/dp and it sounded like a race car.

So I had Magnaflow mufflers welded on. They were part# 12216 and it sounds great when you get on it and not too loud in the cab.

so i have been running a muffler delete for about a month now and it sounds good (stock mufflers removed and replaced with SS pipe out to some tips)

i was wondering has anyone removed the stock resonator before and replaced it with something like the magnaflow glasspack? im trying to get a little deeper tone w/o breakin the bank for the magnaflow cbe < sound im tryin to replicate (saving for stage 2 right now)

I just run a straight pipe from the stock head pipe, sounds just mellow and fine to me.. no droning.. in fact, you can't even hear my exhaust when Im cruising.

Keefe

That stock resonator(well we might just call it a muffler cause it's big enough to be one) really does cut sound a lot. The entrance of pipe goes 3/5 the way in and stops short of the end emptying into the body of the resonator.

My setup was STI up, single cat on the rear dp mid resonator swapped for a bullet resonator and 2.5 from mid custom y to two aero turbines.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eU3Xmrjux5g]YouTube- IMG 08691[/ame]

Archived