LegacyGT.com

new to legacy plz help

PAlegacyGT

How accurate is that 0-60 time? How are you measuring? Just curious.

Stopwatch.

I've also been thinking about this sport shift feature, where you can manually go up and down the gears, how accurate is this thing? does it shift on its own if you over rev? I think it would be nice to have to quickly drop a gear yourself every now and then if you really need it, but not have the "chore" of a manual for daily driving..

It doesn't emergency shift up, but it does shift down when you slow down.

Mojo

I keed I keeed

I got the 5EAT over the manual. Basically I figured that I would lose a little power, but I would gain versatility. I got to Penn State so driving around here would get really annoying in a manual. With the 5EAT I'd be able to chill (gangsta lean... j/k) and cruise around town without having to consistently worry about gears. Then with the Sportshift I still have hte option to select my gear when the situation deems it necessary. The Sportshift works pretty well. It shifts a lot quicker if you use the steering wheel buttons rather than the console shifter. Downshifting manually with the 5EAT is a bit of a science though.

A few things about manual mode: the 5EAT will never let you blow up your tranny (in most ways). It will downshift automatically before you stall the car if you're in 5th and you slow to 5mph. It won't let you downshift if you're at a speed where doing so would cause you to over-rev (i.e. you can't downshift into second at 70mph). It will upshift after bouncing off the rev limiter once.

I got the 5EAT over the manual. Basically I figured that I would lose a little power, but I would gain versatility. I got to Penn State so driving around here would get really annoying in a manual. With the 5EAT I'd be able to chill (gangsta lean... j/k) and cruise around town without having to consistently worry about gears. Then with the Sportshift I still have hte option to select my gear when the situation deems it necessary. The Sportshift works pretty well. It shifts a lot quicker if you use the steering wheel buttons rather than the console shifter. Downshifting manually with the 5EAT is a bit of a science though.

A few things about manual mode: the 5EAT will never let you blow up your tranny (in most ways). It will downshift automatically before you stall the car if you're in 5th and you slow to 5mph. It won't let you downshift if you're at a speed where doing so would cause you to over-rev (i.e. you can't downshift into second at 70mph). It will upshift after bouncing off the rev limiter once.

It will upshift if you've enabled temp sportshift by pressing one of the wheel buttons while the console shifter is in D, but it won't upshift if the shifter is in the + - gate.

Mojo

I keed I keeed

so that explains the 2 sets of plus and minus buttons on the steering wheel.. salesman told me it was for the radio... I thought it was very odd to have 2 sets for the radio :p

that makes much more sense..

ok well I'm ready to go do a day long BVA and make up my mind lol, but my money isn't.. anyone wanna buy a boat? lol

"The penalty good men pay for indifference to public affairs is to be ruled by evil men." - Plato

Think of it this way... how often are you actually going 0-60? I would think highway acceleration (merging, etc) would be more important for most people over a blazing 0-60 time. The GT definitely shines on the highway. Take the time to test drive on in that kind of situation before you make up your mind for sure ;)

I respectfully disagree regarding the lack of importance of 0-60 times. Quite frankly, it is very important to me and to my enjoyment of driving. When stopped at a light, on an open road, with a posted limit of 55mph, as soon as that light changes, I try to get to 60 as FAST as I can. It's FUN, reasonably safe, and technically legal. I know that there are not many roads where you are stopped at a light and look ahead and see a 55mph speed limit sign, but I have several of these on my commute - and I look forward to them!

I agree, however, that getting from 65-75 quickly for passing/merging on the highway is equally important (and equally FUN) :)

05 SWP Legacy GT Limited (aka "Pearl")- 5MT AP - Stage 2 Protuned (238/284) - wife driven

07 BMW 335xi

I respectfully disagree regarding the lack of importance of 0-60 times. Quite frankly, it is very important to me and to my enjoyment of driving. When stopped at a light, on an open road, with a posted limit of 55mph, as soon as that light changes, I try to get to 60 as FAST as I can. It's FUN, reasonably safe, and technically legal. I know that there are not many roads where you are stopped at a light and look ahead and see a 55mph speed limit sign, but I have several of these on my commute - and I look forward to them!

I agree, however, that getting from 65-75 quickly for passing/merging on the highway is equally important (and equally FUN) :)

Tru dat.

I always like to lead at traffic lights or on the highway and this strategy keeps me away from other drivers to avoid being colateral damage, which has until now kept me out-of-harms away and accident-free and hopefully it's gonna continue to be that way. Especially in cascading traffic lights, I tend to catch up with the green wave after the 2nd or 3rd light and again every slow ass behind me who got caught by the red wave is like WTF, why is faster better, faster shouldn't be better, faster should get you in an accident.:lol:

I also like the looks that I get when I stop at the next light and everybody is like WTFISDATCAR?!!!!!! They stop half a car length behind you and try to find out what kind of car you have and then pull forward. It just puts a wide ass grin on my face.:D

Mojo

I keed I keeed

I agree with both of you.. I love to do both of those.. problem is riught now I'm in a truck.. and I still manage to do as you just said lol, 1st off the line, 1st away from the crowd.. it makes me wonder whats wrong with those other people.. do they hate life? are they bored? why do they drive so slow and.. cow like? I dont care what I'm in if someone is beside me in the other lane I dont like it.. I like to see the slow-moes in my rearview.. you're right as well, it keeps you out of harms way, and if someone pulls out in front of you you can simply change lanes and leave them with the pack..

btw dont take this the wrong way anyone.. I dont wanna start one of those trolling posts, I've seen it before :( I am always a member of a forum for the vehicle I own so.. I've seen it many a time when someone says something liek what I said above so PLEASE..if that insulted anyone, I'm sorry in advance

"The penalty good men pay for indifference to public affairs is to be ruled by evil men." - Plato

• 4 months later...
I got the auto b/c I live in a hilly area & I sit in traffic 1/2 of my ride to work every day & I didnt wanna kill my knees. MT would be more fun but in the long run the auto is more convienient
"Barack Obama, mothaf#%@a! Barack Obama! I'm the president...of hittin' the ass!" -this is not a political view it's merely a quote from a hilarious tv show.

Archived