LegacyGT.com

Wiring the grounds in the engine compartment.

I did it on my Impreza, it seems to make the radio come in clearer but I would say that is about it.

If manufacturers saw a gain from running multiple ground wires, a (cheap mod) I believe they would do it. Until then I will believe that it is only a way to add some cheap bling to our engine bay.

I did it on my Impreza, it seems to make the radio come in clearer but I would say that is about it.

If manufacturers saw a gain from running multiple ground wires, a (cheap mod) I believe they would do it. Until then I will believe that it is only a way to add some cheap bling to our engine bay.

Although it may not do, much i did help alot out with my rough Idle, my radio came in a little more clearly too, and it fixed my flickering of my dash lights. I replaced a good chunk of my old grounds then added a whole bunch of grounds. although I painted all my wires white and gold (hehehe bling factor) I did get a little out of it :)

I used to work at a custom car shop and I purchased a multi connect ground adapter. Its a gold plated terminal with multiple size outputs. I upgraded the ground to the alternator, I doubled the size of my radio ground and power lines, ran another ground to the block and to the frame. I dont know if I noticed any difference because I did it a whlie ago. It was pretty cheap and was fun to do. Maybe 20 bucks for some thick amp wire and the terminal connection.

just look for any spot where wires are bolted to the sheet-metal of the car. these are your ground points. on the older cars and even the new, i keep finding that they put the grounds on top of painted metal. not good for grounds.... i have been going through my stock grounds and grinding the paint, now i would love a grounding system to smooth out the system

Archived