LegacyGT.com

Transmission work

Oh I'm havin a good time puttin in my new tranny. Started at 1030am. What a long day. Now I'm fixed a tranny support bolt problem. Yeah the weld on the nut broke and had to drill a in the floor board.(A couple of hole) No happy about that. So I hav to find sumthin to cover the big ass hole. Any Ideas? And when drillin the hole. Being that I didn't know wherre the nut was. I drill between the case. So I hav to cover thats up too. Just a long day and ready to be done with it. Another couple of hours. Urrghhh

Yeah, I got one. But now I hav to find a patch. lol. I will hav to take pix. I had to drill like 4 holes. Yes I know. I'm a rookie. But oh well. Like you said. it will be covered up by the carpet. lol.

Yeah everythin is hooked up. Like it shifts into gear when the car is off. But when the engine is runnin. It will not engage. I'm puzzled.

Thanks with all the help.

Your clutch isn't disengaging from the flywheel. If all your linkages and hydraulics are installed properly, there must either be a problem with the pressure plate or throwout bearing, or something inside the transmission that you can't see is binding.

Your clutch isn't disengaging from the flywheel. If all your linkages and hydraulics are installed properly, there must either be a problem with the pressure plate or throwout bearing, or something inside the transmission that you can't see is binding.

auto or manual??

Archived