LegacyGT.com

Paint problems-factory flaw...i'm so mad

twisted

So i washed the car and was looking at it in sunlight and found 3 lines in the paint. Ran my hand over them and the surface was smooth.

Took some pics with my phone and am attaching them.

2 are nice and long and are not shadows or light effects. It's like the paint (below the clearcoat) is uneven.

The 3rd one is on the right side of the hood scoop. All 3 are smooth surfaces meaning nothing scratched it. The only reason i noticed it was because i had direct sunlight pointing at the hood.

At first i thought it was the contour of the hood but then I looked closer and they were uneven.

Took it to the local dealer and their service dept. was closed so i asked one of the sales guys to come out and take a look. He ran his fingers over it and found it to be smooth. He said "i've never seen anything like this".

Not only am i upset that my car of 2 months has paint issues, but i am concerned over long term. I am yet to do a thorough scan at other places on the car to see if there were similar marks. Prelim scan i didnt see any more.

PS dont be fooled and think its the shadow or contour of the car. It is actual marks and they extend from teh front of the hood all the way back (along the contour of the hood) and are not a straight line. My phone could only fit a small size of the hood to get the detail but the mark extends beyond the circle i made with MS-Paint.

!CID__03-26-05_1635.JPG.cb309077c8cf5625eb19e803f48e3182.JPG

!CID__03-26-05_1636.JPG.f0aacfb509c285c846d7a82f6448abaa.JPG

!CID__03-26-05_1637.JPG.9bdaf827001a8c00b4000b72926f51f8.JPG

!CID__03-26-05_1639.JPG.bd5543414845279c843e611b18ca1b62.JPG

a hood swap will happen for sure after i take it to the dealer on monday but tomorrow when the sun rises, i'll do a thorough scan to make sure this flaw is not found elsewhere.

I cant believe it passed their QA. They had better handle this professionally and then some. I already e-mailed SOA and will follow up via phone on monday.

I better get some apology and some serious subaru hospitality (read subaru bucks) for borking my paint.

a hood swap will happen for sure after i take it to the dealer on monday but tomorrow when the sun rises, i'll do a thorough scan to make sure this flaw is not found elsewhere.

I cant believe it passed their QA. They had better handle this professionally and then some. I already e-mailed SOA and will follow up via phone on monday.

I better get some apology and some serious subaru hospitality (read subaru bucks) for borking my paint.

Might be one of those things that's hard to see unless you're out in the sun.

http://busted.be/m5/lennik13032005vko00.jpg

Noticed the same thing on my M5. You can really see it in the sun.

Sorry man, I feel your pain. No Offense.

First thing tommorow morning I'm going to scour my LGT.

This guy walked by the way (the one in the car) and no it wasn't mine. sigh...

This is not my beautiful car.

Sometimes the shipping film that comes all over the car leaves a residue, and it can be very difficult to get off. Mine had similar marks that you could see but not feel, which required some effort to remove. Maybe the guys that prepped your car dont know what theyre doing.

Jim

Sometimes the shipping film that comes all over the car leaves a residue, and it can be very difficult to get off. Mine had similar marks that you could see but not feel, which required some effort to remove. Maybe the guys that prepped your car dont know what theyre doing.

Jim

since i got the car 2 moths ago i've washed it at least a dozen times (after every snow), so i would think it would have come off after so many washes.

How did you get the marks off??? Maybe i can try that tomorrow. I tried buffing it some but no result.

Make SURE that it's not glue. When they come to the dealer they're wrapped in plastic which leaves behind a glue which is stubborn. I doubt this is it since you said you washed it and have had it for a few months, but just make sure. On a better note just tell the dealership you want the whole car repainted World Rally Blue!!!

Archived