LegacyGT.com

Braking upgrade

I'm looking to upgrade the front brakes on my 99 legacy wagon 2.2 L , I have single piston calipers in the front. I was wondering if i could change these out for 2 piston calipers, did the second gen gt come with them, can I use impreza RS brakes, ect. I'm assuming I'll need to change out the rotors and pads, and possibly the bracket that holds the caliper on. Any advice on this would be great!

What size rims do you have?? as if you wanted to do a really nice brake upgrade you can get wrx rotors, brakets and all that good stuff they will clear the stock GT 16' wheels but not the 15'. Its pretty cheap upgrade as all the wrx guys are giving away thier stuff when they upgrade to brembo's.

If you want, find a pair of 91-94 turbo calipers, brackets, and rotors, because those will work with what you've got, obviously because you have the SS wheels.

I'm not 100% on the steelies though for fitment.

If you want, find a pair of 91-94 turbo calipers, brackets, and rotors, because those will work with what you've got, obviously because you have the SS wheels.

I'm not 100% on the steelies though for fitment.

Do you know where i can get some? That could be a tough find on the forums...

That is deffinally the way i'd like to go though

NASIOC in the Legacy Classified forum, there are actually quite a few partout SS threads. May want to try there.

Also, you may want to post a wanted to buy thread in the "Parts Shed" section at http://bbs.legacycentral.org

People don't tend to want to sell just one caliper, so seeing you want the pair, it may be easier to get.

Someone replied to your WTB on the BBS. You may want to see if he has rotors too...or buy some Ebay ones for cheap. They are very easy to come by.

Thanks I also contacted a member on there from Canada, I'm just not sure about shipping to the US.

Are ebay rotors worth buying... i'm always a little worried about break stuff off of there.

Archived