LegacyGT.com

Now I understand...

Cobb 1 to Cobb 2 isn't much. But Cobb 2 to custom stage 2 tune is a huge difference in torque.
Correct. By "custom tune" do you mean "custom map"? Or are more bits and pieces involved?

One nifty thing about the AccessPort is the custom mapping that can be done, after all... And I seem to have got this virus that I can't quite shake...

:p HPH

Correct. By "custom tune" do you mean "custom map"? Or are more bits and pieces involved?

One nifty thing about the AccessPort is the custom mapping that can be done, after all... And I seem to have got this virus that I can't quite shake...

:p HPH

A custom tune means the ECU is tuned to your specific car, not a one-size-fits-all generic tune. This means you get the maximum power, maximum fuel efficiency, assured safety, and all other benefits your heart can dream of. There is a lot to be gained, and it is better in every respect as long as your tuner is a good one. Don't ever take a chance with a tuner. Get a great one, or don't get one. BTW I always recommend Infamous1 as an e-tuner. He tunes your car via email correspondence. He is ridiculously experienced, and spends a lot of time cleaning up the messes other tuners make. Though he does not offer you a dyno tune, you won't even miss it. He is exceptionally good, and can even tune your AP AFAIK.

The AP can be tuned by a professional 'Cobb licensed protuner' as well.

You can also ditch the AP and get a tactrix cable and use your laptop to get an "Open Source" email correspondence tune, or have a tuner tune normally through this way instead. I chose this latter way because it is a lot cheaper, and a lot more end-user accessible. Either way works, just depends on your preferred tuner, and your desired level of transparency.

[CENTER][B][I] Front Limited Slip Racing Differentials for the 5EAT now available for $1895 shipped, please inquire for details! [/I][/B][/CENTER]

Actually, the tactrix approach is something I've been considering, because then I could put the AP2 for Stage I into the wife's OBXT...and she'd really never know. Hee hee. But then I'd want Stage II in that car, and a rear sway (at least) and god knows what all.

Is there some sort of medication for this affliction? HPH

Archived