LegacyGT.com

My Soob is back!

slickfast

Hey guys,

I just put my 99 M3 in my friends garage for the winter (next to a stripped out mustang race car and a shifter cart :eek:), and have been getting the Subi ready for the snow!

I don't know if you guys remember me but this summer my rear end was leaking gas (on the car), and upon taking the right rear wheel off I found the fuel filler neck had totally rotted out. For freaking $140 I got a new OEM neck, installed that, and also picked up 4 General Altimax Arctic Snow/Ice tires from Tirerack.

I also put on an old Thule roof rack my family's had for a while, and made my own fairing for it (no noise, wheee!) which also serves as an awesome place for useless stickers. Don't know if you guys have tried this but I'm thinking of writing a DIY for it... it's very simple and looks awesome.

Will post more later and ask a couple questions I've had, I'm loving working on this thing.

Thanks man

Anyway, so I had some questions that the more experienced subi folk might know... as the weather got colder (or maybe it's from sitting around during a lot of the summer), my suspension sounds like i'm stepping on a plastic bag every time I go over a speed bump or deflect the struts to any large degree. Crunch. It's mostly the fronts from what i can tell. Does this mean my shocks sat too long or something? It doesn't seem to be affecting ride quality at all, and it appears the shocks are still working properly.

Archived