LegacyGT.com

Need info on my 97 gt

So I have a 97 gt legacy awd 2.5 and i was wondering what I can do as far as turbo set ups. Like could I use wrx parts' if I was to put the 2.0 turbo head on my legacy what would happen or is it even possible. I can't find many after market parts for the car so I was wondering what stock parts of other subarus would help my power and what not. Please any info will help I am new to Subaru. Also I need alot of parts for th car like struts and a few other things any ideas on where to find parts. But again I would like to know what parts I can use of other subarus that will fit the car and improve the performance in any way

Hey jdmblock,

welcome to the fourm! Our cars are are not all powerfull but can be depending on the size of your wallet. Due to our cars having high compression, its hard for us to have turbo setups. You can but it in, but due to the high compression of the n/a motor you cant crank the boost like you can in a low compression turbo motor (wrx, 05+ lgt, sti, etc).

Engine swaps are common amoungust our cars as alot of people tend to do that if they want the money you just have to have the budget and the time for it. WRX swaps are the cheapest as you will need:

ej20 (wrx engine)

wrx ecu

wrx wiring harness

wrx crossmember

These are just the key ingredients in doing the swap, but dont forget all the little pieces you will need to pick up and all the complications you will run into. Expect your car to be out of commission for some time as this is a lengthy process todo.

Yes parts are uncommon for our cars as they are not the most popular but the good thing is that subuar's are sorta built like legos, almost all the parts are swapable between the platforms. So we can grab aftermarket parts from the wrx and impreza, you just need to make sure that the correct parts fit.

here is a quick rundown:

suspension:

02-03WRX suspension works with our cars, so you can take struts and lowering springs or coilovers and put them on your car. Strut bar's can be used off impreza's but only certain ones if i remeber right, and whiteline makes sway bars and endlinks for us

Rims:

All subuaru rims except for 05+sti's and svx (their bolt pattern is 5x144.3) will fit for your car your pattern is 5x100 check out wheeldude.com for rims

exhuast:

All exhuast's will need to be custom fit for our cars as we are longer than impreza's and wrx's. You can stuff like STi axlebacks's or what have you but just take it to a muffler shop so they can acesss the what needs to be done (usally hanger replacement and lengthening of the midpipe)

engine:

cold air intakes, throttle body spacers, light weight pulleys, light weight flywheel just to name a few

For looks:

Pretty much all JDM Parts are cool such as projector headlights, projector fogs, side turn signals, power folding mirrors, jdm front bumper(not that much a difference but some)

Check out the forum that is big on older legacys (such as ours) sl-i.net

there you can find all i rambled about by doing a simple search, or for any of those jdm parts just simply check out ebay as they are on there 24/7

Hope this helped

WESTcoast

Archived