LegacyGT.com

New guy with a few questions

I just recently picked up a 97 gt wagon for a whopping $500. Looking to make it a good DD, nothing fast. I don't care that it whistles over 3000rpm, hesitates on take-off, or the suspension is a little worn. I DO have a couple questions with more to come, i'm sure.

My major problem is it spits and sputters when taking off or turning hard. Just got plugs, wires, and oil change to see if that smooths it out because knock sensors are $85.

It came with a new fuel filler neck because the other one has a hole in it, i guess. I was told i would need to drop the tank to replace it and i'm wondering how hard that is.

I guess there's only 2 questions right now. :icon_bigg I'll be back with more.:cool:

• 3 weeks later...

the whistle comes from a hole somewhere in the air intake system. Mine is easy to spot though. The piece that is in the front left corner of the engine bay is broke and they used a flexible dryer (yes, the appliance) hose to fix it.

I think all subaru's hesitate when you step on the gas. The wife's 06 forester has done it since day one.

The suspension is still pretty good on mine. tight on the turns and all, just a little clunky.

Archived