LegacyGT.com

Wow.. a Legacy forum..finally!!

Hello all

Just found this forum today, and I'm quite happy about it. Thought I'd introduce myself. I live in Cloverdale BC and I'm about to finish my '96 Lsi Wagon engine repair.

I bought the '96 Lsi Wagon back in March 09 and later a '98 GT sedan.

I've put the green GT front clip on the champagne coloured LSI as well as the larger BBS style rims. Green and champagne is not a great coulour combo, paint will be in order soon. The side skirts will go on when that happens.

I do need the rear bumper valence from a GT wagon , the sedan version is shorter. I'm also looking for the rear roof wing/spoiler.

On that note, I have a near complete* '98 GT sedan to part out. If anyone needs something, the parts will go for cheap. I got what I wanted out of it. (* dash and door panels parts are gone )

Both cars have the dreaded head gasket problem, though both ran when I bought them.

I disassembled the '96 2.5 back in march. Thankfully I marked all the parts and bolts pretty well, but regretfully I may have moved the pistons back from TDC a bit to clean out the cylinders and didn't move it back or mark it. D'oh!!. COuldn't have been much thoug. After getting the valve seals put in and the heads decked, I spent about 6 hours yesterday reassembling it. The piston to cam alignment is very stressful. I'm not sure it I did it right. The belt aligns to all the right marks,so my fingers are crossed.

I'm not new to Subaru's though I have never gone so deep into the engine before. My first Subaru was my wife's 2000 Legacy wagon , very nice but the base model. Liking it so much, I then bought myself a '94 Black on Black Turbo Legacy. I put some new 17" rims and tires on it and it looked hot . The stock rims got true snow tires. It was a hoot to drive in the snow ( I was in Ontario at the time )

I'll post some pics soon.

Cheers

Gerald

• 2 weeks later...

Archived