LegacyGT.com

Booooooody kit

ttgroove

I know body kit threads are everywhere, but I gotta ask. Has ANYONE installed body kit on LGT so far? Everytime I ask Japanese kit makers (gialla, ings, etc...) their answer is "we don't know if our kit fits US Legacy"......Grrrrrr......:mad:

Sti lip seems to be an easy mod/install, but I am not interested in Sti lip.

take apart the front bumper beam, it will fit after that for sure... the sideskirts and rear will fit with no problems.

Keefe

Yep, buy a Japanese bumper beam and any of their body kits will fit. Or you could grind away your stock one if you want to goto that effort :D

For those who's interested, I contacted a Japanese body shop who imports US Legacy parts to Japan. He told me he can ship me Japanese bumper beam but he doesn't think it can be installed on US Legacy.

screw the bumper beam.. just dont get hit on a head on collision.. WRX owners with FMICs sure dont have them.. if you are going to get into a front-end accident, you're going to be screwed anyways.. take your risk for looks.

Keefe

Keefe

The bumper beam isn't to meet injury crash ratings, but rather the mandated bumper test that makes sure that the car is street legal after a certain MPH hit with a wall. IE its there to protect the headlights, turnsignals and radiator.

the JDM beam is used on cars with crash test regs on par with ours in europe. They just think that if you are stupid enough to nose into the wall at parking lot speeds, you can deal with the broken stuff.

Archived