LegacyGT.com

Downpipe options?

quick4dr

Whats the opinions on:

Turboxs

stealthback 4.5in bellmouth tapered 3" with cat.

Perrin catted one peice

Ive heard the TurboXS downpipe on an 04 Sti it was mean, is this stealthback one much quieter?

Any input would be great, new to the LGT world.

I dont want an annoying sound, the TurboXS DP sounded just mean on an STI, will it have that similar deep burble?

Im looking for the best power gains, with a nice deep sound.

Ill be running perrin mufflers soon, and looking for a dp mid combo.

Is the Turboxs "stealthback" baffled in anyway? it seams to be the largest available 4.5" bellmouth tapering to 3in.

Whats the opinions on:

Turboxs

stealthback 4.5in bellmouth tapered 3" with cat.

I wasn't aware TurboXS released a catted version of their downpipe, I'm pretty sure they only have a catless. The Perrin is a decent quality piece from what I have gathered, but the semi-divorced design doesnt really duct the wastegate airflow. But fredbeansparts has incredible prices on the Perrin 1 Piece, so you may want to consider that.

On the search for a new DD...

I wasn't aware TurboXS released a catted version of their downpipe, I'm pretty sure they only have a catless. The Perrin is a decent quality piece from what I have gathered, but the semi-divorced design doesnt really duct the wastegate airflow. But fredbeansparts has incredible prices on the Perrin 1 Piece, so you may want to consider that.

08+ WRX fitment I have seen advertised, with Cats. I believe there are 2 cats in that pipe.

I recently installed the catted TurboXS downpipe on my Legacy with the stock cat back. Not much change in sound, everything (exhaust and turbo noises) is just a little louder.

It is a two piece downpipe with a single high flow cat in the lower section. TurboXS also sells a "test pipe" lower section that can be used in place of the catted section.

Archived