LegacyGT.com

Slight ticking noise only under partial acceleration

Verwilderd

So today i started to notice a slight ticking/flapping(?) noise under partial acceleration. I didn't get to play with it too much, but it seemed that as soon as I hit about .5 bar on my boost gauge the noise would start then if I got on it, I wouldn't hear it (either because everything drowned the noise out, or because it went away).

Now the interesting thing (and this is where I wanted to test it more, but there was too much traffic), on my si-drive, when in "i" mode I didn't really notice the sound at .5 bars of boost, but on s and s# I did.

So the only things I can think of are as follows:

I recently install the sti gauges and as a result had to take my avo ic off that had some leak issues...I resolved those with rtv and when I took it off, cleaned off the rtv thinking the leak was from the gasket...found out its not and put some jbweld where the leak was...seemed to resolve the leak. So I'm wondering if this can be another leak? The other thing is that if there was a small leak when I put the avo on and was tuned for and now that it's fixed(?) could I have meesed something else up by not having the car re-tuned(will be sorted out on tuesday)?

I'm just wondering if anyone had ideas...

cliffnotes: installed gauges, had to take off avo ic, had leak when I reinstalled ic, fixed leak, wondering if I had leak when first tuned with avo, car now making a ticking noise under partial load.

Thanks in advance for replies.

PS...I know about the subaru ticking noise and this is not it.

i have a 99 legacy and it was making the same noise and i think my engine blew or something, can't move an inch right now. mine was also making the noise while i was completly off the acceleration. wish i could help but i'm also looking for some answers.

Archived