LegacyGT.com

Need Transmission Shop in Richmond VA

MandaPanda

Hi everyone,

Looking for a recommendation on a transmission shop in Richmond VA or Fredericksburg VA area. Took my 99 Legacy L to the dealership to verify I have the dreaded "delayed engagement" issue. Their prices of $4300 to rebuild or $6000 to replace the automatic transmission are a bit silly consider that that is more than the car is worth. It is a good car overall so I want to keep it. Can anyone recommend somewhere that might be a bit more reasonable and trustworthy?

Thanks!

So you went to Subaru of Richmond huh? They probably quoted you for a reman unit from Subaru. Did they give you the option of a used one?

You may want to try gearbox transmission over by the airport. I never used them, but heard decent things about them.

[SIZE=1][URL="http://public.fotki.com/blackfang/"]Pics[/URL] [B]08 KawasakiZZR 600- exhaust and other mods 98 Camaro Z/28 HT- some mods......street/strip car 07 Legacy 2.5i- SPT exhaust...daily driver[/B][/SIZE]

You are correct. It was Subaru of Richmond. :) They did not give me the option of a used one.

I had looked at Gearbox's website. I may give them a call and see what their prices look like.

I have a place up in Fredericksburg that a friend recommends. They can put in a used one that has 58 thousand miles on it with a 90 day warranty.$1600 parts and labor. The catch is that they normally do work for the auto auction up there and they would be working on the car "as they have the time". I could be without the car for a long time.

Have to do something soon though. It is getting worse.

Thanks!

Yeah, we would have quoted you a used transmission as well in addition to a reman and a rebuild. It's better to have options.
[SIZE=1][URL="http://public.fotki.com/blackfang/"]Pics[/URL] [B]08 KawasakiZZR 600- exhaust and other mods 98 Camaro Z/28 HT- some mods......street/strip car 07 Legacy 2.5i- SPT exhaust...daily driver[/B][/SIZE]

Internal hydraulic leak. Normally $1150-$1650 depending on what they find when they open it up. 3-5 bus days for repairs. 6 month warranty with no mileage limitations. I told them to go ahead and open it up. CEL was giving a code on the O2 sensor so they are going to look at that as well.

Archived