LegacyGT.com

Driver totals Electric Tesla

Driver of Totaled Tesla Tells The Tale

http://www.wired.com/images_blogs/autopia/2009/10/tesla_crash1.jpg

We’ve got an update on the colossal crash that totaled a Tesla in Demark, straight from the driver of the Roadster.

According to a comment Steen Joergensen wrote in response to a post about the crash at All Cars Electric (which got the original story from us):

I am the driver of the Tesla in the three-way crash. I am all right and as Jason writes above, both front and back crumple zones did their job well. But Tesla could do better with the neck support on top of the seat, it was very hard on my head. But the accident has convinced me that the Tesla is a very safe sports car. There were no damage in the passenger compartment at all. The Tesla was brand new and had only been running for 400 miles and it was very sad for the owner, I had lent it from. Overall, six people went to the hospital, and after three hours we were all on our way home. Twelve hours after the accident, my family and I could enter the plane for a week holiday in New York. I find it very interesting to read about the accident on different international web sites.

He goes on to say in another comment:

The Tesla was only 14 days old and I had been driving it for 400 miles. A new Roadster has been ordered and paid by the insurance company and will arrive in Denmark in about six months. The new S model will not be available here in DK until 2012.

The driver of the Toyota Prius hybrid did not notice that the traffic was stopped in front of him (roadworks on the road). First he hit a motorbike, then me in the Tesla and I was pushed forward under the Touareg.

Flavio Zanetti

Boston, MA

The insurance company of the prius driver probably dropped that client lol. 120k for the tesla, damage to the bike and toureg, damage to the prius, hospital bills and the bike rider is probably getting a nice chunk of change for pain and suffereing. What an asshat

Imagine that a Prius driver with their head firmly up their ass.

That Toureg looks natural parked on top of that stupid Tesla though. In fact I may have to throw on a lift and some 35"s on the Tundra so I can park on electric cars and hybrids too...

Archived