LegacyGT.com

Wheel choices: 18x8 +46mm or 19x8 +51mm?

POMEXCAN

Fairly new owner and member - sitting at 700 miles and itching to get to 1000...

Got a line on two sets of wheels for my '05 LGT:

19x8 51mm ~ 19lbs (these are made by SSR) and the only downside is replacement wheels... with them filing for Ch11.

18x8 46mm ~ 17lbs (these are prodrives) downside - offset and the fact that they are 18's

I kind of wanted to go 19's to be different - but the GC05's spokes go out towards the wheel lip giving the illusion of a bigger wheel

Pricing is about the same - so it's mainly about cosmetics, offset and the concern for replacements (although I have never had to replace or repair an aftermarket wheel since I've driven ~ 20 yrs... yes, I always swap wheels - started with Crager's on a '72 chevy truck)

Other info: I have not decided on a suspension yet (waiting to get all vendor responses), but I do know the drop will be 1-1.5" front and 1" rear.

Any input is welcomed.

Thanks.

18"s have more tire selections and you can fit as wide as a 255/35/18 tire on there, and it's lighter.. the offset at +46 is fine and you wont have rubbing issues (just take off the weather-stripping on the rear to get more clearance), even on a lowered car.

Keefe

Keefe

Archived