LegacyGT.com

Rockblocker install in SoCal by Chad!

redline76

OK, so I definitely want to get this done and I've yet to find anyone super qualified in Los Angeles. I spoke with Chad from RockBlocker and he'll come down here to do the best install you can get for around $415 per car.

He'll need 5 people confirmed to do this to make it worth his time which I think is fair, but now I need the other 4 to join in :)

Any interest? He'll do anything (WRX, SUV, Lamborghini, your kid's tricycle etc.) but the price might vary depending on the amount of product required.

Forget the: "Let's meet and stare at each other's BOVs in the parking lot of a noodle house" and get something good for your car done!

Any takers? You can reply to this message or PM me. I'm happy to coordinate this, and I'll try to organize a location that's convenient for all interested parties.

Thanks,

Warren.

• 2 weeks later...

Starshield Armor in Irwindale does the clear bras.

Mine was the first Legacy GT they did, and my car

was the one used for the masking.

It covers the hood, mirrors, and full bumper all the way to the

wheel wells. I think they're price is around $450 installed.

Do a search, you'll see pictures I posted months ago too

That's also a good price. Tint Plus down in Lake Forest wants to charge me roughly $600!

Seeing that there's not much interest, I might go this route.

mbacis, so far you're the only one :)

I was looking to do it anytime, Chad would want a couple weeks' lead time.

No worries, I'm still torn on whether or not I want it. I'd love to prevent any paint chips, but I'm worried about wax showing at the seams. My old car got keyed and I was able to fill in the scratch with touch up paint to where it wasn't that noticeable, but when I waxed it the scratch was left even more noticeable as it filled with wax and wouldn't buff out without resorting to a Q-tip. I could see this happening at the seams of the mask.

So you know, that isn't a problem.

You can remove the wax from the seam with a soft toothbrush easily enough.

Or just don't wax right up to the seam. Carefully stop a bit short

and use a liquid wax/polish at the seam point.

If anyone is interested in a group install day let us know. We would be more than happy to come back to SoCal and have an install day. As mentioned above starting price is $415 installed BUT will come down in price based upon how many cars we can get lined up and what they are getting installed.

Chad

425-221-5352

I'm still interested as well. I wish I could see it in person beforehand, but I may just have to go on faith.

BTW, I'm in San Diego. You don't happen to do window tint as well do you?

Archived