LegacyGT.com

Needing advice on acceleration

Okay, 91 Legacy 2.2 non turbo, CEL came on and threw a code 22 and 32. Assuming the knock sensors are a semi-known failure item based on TSB 11-46-95 and the O2 sensor hasn't been changed since new (189k currently) I replaced both. The car wasn't having any major driveability issues other than the loss of power then the CEL came on, however now the car is undriveable once it warms up enough to exit open-loop mode. When the engine starts to warm up the car will bog badly to the point where it can't accelerate on level ground. However when the accelerator is planted to the floor it will come alive and work quite well. I'm guessing that the ECU will drop back to an open-loop acceleration mode at WOT thus ignoring the O2 but I'm not too familar with the Subaru ECM.

Also the codes where reset after the sensor was replaced and resistance checks on the sensor connectors were within specs. Since the car has been driving somewhat I've been waiting for more codes to come up but nothing has tripped any DTC's. Any ideas? Thanks!

Archived