LegacyGT.com

Who has demonstrably damaged/blown their engine due ONLY to tuning mistakes?

Boostin1657615274

LBGT - Did I read you correctly that Cobb is going to be adjusting their LGT maps in, hopefully, the next few months? Or perhaps all Subaru maps?

Joe

Christian said he would try to incorporate this in all of there maps in the next few weeks. Who knows if it will actually get done.

• 4 months later...
  • Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

bump for updates in the form of:

1. What was damaged? ex. blown headgasket, thrown rod

2. Who tuned it? ex. you and a friend, a local "import shop," or a well known Subaru shop. You don't have to name names, we don't need flame wars.

3. List model year, turbo and basic related engine modifications, and whatever off-the-shelf or mail order tune you may be using (if you are comfortable naming names). DO NOT just say "blah blah stage x." This is not helpful. Be specific about parts.

3. What boost level did you observe (peak and whatever it may have fallen to) and what fuel grade were you using?

4. What AFR was observed? How were you measuring it? ex. Innovate WB in the back of the downpipe, AEM wideband behind the turbo, or relocated stock front O2 sensor

5. What was your dynamic advance multiplier and any observed knock correction? What timing advance did you log?

6. Give details how it happened and why you think the observed damage was due to a tuning mistake. Examples could be "I was on the dyno trying to add some timing to the primary ignition map, heard a sound and saw a cloud of smoke, then later found out I threw a rod"

On the search for a new DD...

Archived