LegacyGT.com

Service history?

So I got the car, and later was going through the docs from dealer and stuff, and did not find a service history book or anything like that, so I don't know what happened when, who did what, how many miles and stuff like that. So I have no idea what was done to it during its 54K of someone else owning it.

Do dealers have these?

Negative. The dealer might have gotten this car from auction or something else which does not come with any info like that. Hell even when I traded in my mustang they did not ask for anything.

Sometimes the info is on the car fax, as far as service and all that goes. But this is only when the car is taken to a dealer for maint. If he did his own, or went to some other garage, the info won't be there. So unless you see the info on the car fax, I would say do all the services for 60k now. Does not hurt and its on the safe side.

Don't worry about anything done or not done before 54k miles.

Basically the 60k service coming up covers everything that should have been done before. It is about 99.99% likely the selling dealer nor previous owner did not perform the 60k service.

Negative. The dealer might have gotten this car from auction or something else which does not come with any info like that. Hell even when I traded in my mustang they did not ask for anything.

Sometimes the info is on the car fax, as far as service and all that goes. But this is only when the car is taken to a dealer for maint. If he did his own, or went to some other garage, the info won't be there. So unless you see the info on the car fax, I would say do all the services for 60k now. Does not hurt and its on the safe side.

They got it through a lease return.

I was fortunate to have a good car fax on my car. Everything was documented till 36k miles. IT was a extremely clean 1 Owner Lease Return. I bought it with 50,450 miles. I have a feeling my car was used solely for commuting. I still have the blue tape on top of the back door sills. What kind of warranty did you get?

I know subaru does keep the records somewhere. If you signup on Mysubaru on the subaru website, any dealer maintenance shows up on your page. I bought mine new so I don't know if it will show previous owner maintenance but it does go by VIN so there's a chance. If it was maintained at a subaru dealer, I'll bet they they can access the records somehow. I would call Subaru directly.

Guest PeteAWD
Any warranty and maintenance records are stored in the SOA mainframe if it was performed at an Authorized Subaru dealer. You have to stop in your local dealer and ask the service manager if he/she will pull your VIN record.

Archived