LegacyGT.com

Front bumper cover coming loose

nekdut

Picture attached. My front bumper cover is starting to starting to come loose, starting at the front driver's side wheel well. It does not look too bad and I can probably follow one of the FMIC walk-thrus in reverse to fit things back together, but what exact parts (pop-its? part numbers if possible?) do I need to do this? Thanks in advance for your help.

bp5_bumper.thumb.jpg.27682910380572bd886fcfcb79128936.jpg

I don't know the part number but there is a pop it that goes right on the edge of the bumper. On https://www.chaplinssubarugenuineparts.com/oe_parts_cat.html they call it "Clip - Legacy - Legacy" its like a $2 part per pop it, you'd need two if both sides are like that. If that doesn't fix it there is a bracket that runs on the bottom fender that the bumper cover snaps into. Either the cover isn't pushed into it or its broken but you may or may not need that piece. They are easy to search for the the link I provided.

276hp/347tq On a DynoJet

Dyno Video - Had a big lean spot as you can tell in the second pull

Thanks Windy Road.

I picked up one of those "Clip - Legacy - Legacy" parts that you mentioned, but then I found that it looks like I already have it. You can see it in the picture I attached near the middle. Is there something that goes in the hole closest to the right near my finger?

Also, the bracket that clips onto the slot towards the left of the image does not appear to engage properly. How does that clip work exactly? It seems to pop right back out with the slightest movement.

+1... i just had my bumper off yesterday so i can tell you that you need to put a poppit (or screw & bolt combo) in that hole by your finger.....here is what holds the bumper on.

1 poppit (in the hole by your finger in the above pic) in each side of the fender wall. it connects that hole to an identical one right above it comming off of the fender.

5-6 poppits (give or take) all along the underside of the bumper that all hold the bumper skin to the skid plates, salt guards (whatever you wanna call them) underneath the car.

Bolts/poppits that hold the grille in also clamp the bumper skin on top in the front.

.....all you seem to need is a poppit or bolt/nut combo - whichever you prefer - to go in that hole right by your finger. its a PITA to get in, but just pull the fender wall out and finagle it. youll be fine

Archived