LegacyGT.com

Good Dealer for service/SPT mods in Connecticut?

I need feedback from people here. I have been using a dealer in CT for all my service and couldnt be happier with everything they have done. Then little things over time has gotten me to question if I should take my car back there. First, they installed my SPT cold intake wrong and proceeded to service the vehicle for about 15k miles with it installed incorrectly until I noticed it and fixed it myself. Second, they have never been able to balance my tires right.

Should I run from a place like this? Are there mechanics that incompetent to install a simple intake wrong (they did not connect the intake to the intake manifold on the engine tight enough and it kept falling off).

Can someone recommend a great dealer for service in CT? I want to get some more things done to my car like SPT exhaust and maybe the new control bar, but am scared to go back to where they installed the intake wrong. How could a simple intake installation be fouled up?

Or should I just go back there and chalk it up as a mistake on the intake installation?

What service dept. is it?

It all depends on where you are located, but Suburban is pretty mod friendly.

I know not everyone has the means/tools to install the parts, but I feel nothing ever gets done right unless you do it yourself.

i have gone to harte subaru for awhile and there has always been modded WRXs and legacys that come through. for me, they've always done a great and professional job on my car. haha hopefully that's not the dealership where you had a bad experience

• 2 weeks later...
I've been very happy with the guys at Secor Subaru in New London. Joe in the service dept seems to know the LGT pretty well even though Outbacks are their volume car. I don't know if they'll do installs, but Subimods is right around the corner and they really know their stuff.

Archived