LegacyGT.com

Having problems with 225s on stock rims

gstreev

I picked 4 used tires that had less than 1000 miles on them.

They are Kumho ASXs in 225/45/17. I put them on my LGT stock rims and after a couple of days 2 of them go flat or loose most of the air. I'm thinking now they may be too wide for the stock rims, has anybody experienced this or any ideas on this, I don't see any signs of a puncture and the valves were fine with the stock (bald) tires.

I had Dunlop SP5000 and Continental TS810 both 225/45R17 mounted on 7" wheels and I had no such problems.

They are either improperly mounted or have holes.

Go to the place that mounted them and let them do troubleshooting or prepare a lot of water with soap and look for bubles when spraying the tires with mixture.

Pay attention to the tire/wheel contact and do not forget the valves.

Krzys

I had Dunlop SP5000 and Continental TS810 both 225/45R17 mounted on 7" wheels and I had no such problems.

I've had several different sets of 225/45 tires mounted on my stocker 17s, also with no such problems.

They are either improperly mounted or have holes.

+1.

....and do not forget the valves.

+2.

:)

<-- I love Winky, my "periwinkle" (ABP) LGT! - Allen / Usual Suspect "DumboRAT" / One of the Three Stooges

'16 Outback, '16 WRX, 7th Subaru Family

• 2 weeks later...
so its not an issue to have winter rubber mounted on the stock rims? and then have the stock rubber mounted back on in the spring? $$ is tight otherwise id just buy a separate winter setup altogether.

The mounting/re-mounting should not be an issue.

Check the long-term cost of doing the mounting/re-mounting. Typically, by the 3rd year (or even 2nd, depending on costs in your area), you'll break-even, compared to buying a second set of affordable rims for winter use.

<-- I love Winky, my "periwinkle" (ABP) LGT! - Allen / Usual Suspect "DumboRAT" / One of the Three Stooges

'16 Outback, '16 WRX, 7th Subaru Family

Time for new valves and have a "Good" tire shop check them for you....225 is NOT too wide for 7" rims

Thanks, that's exactly what I did and its been 10 days now and no leaks, they also said they sealed the bead.

Archived