LegacyGT.com

back in Subbie's again

Hey everyone, new to the forum and thought I would say hello to everyone. I've been a lurker (well, sorta...just haven't posted yet) for a month or so and thought I'd jump in with both feet finally. I'm going to be coming back to Subaru after a long time...my first car was an XT Turbo and had a blast driving it around when I had it. I've been looking at Xi's for a bit and caught wind about the new GT and I've been hooked ever since a buddy of mine clued me in. I've driven everything from RX-7's to TT Zed's, subaru, hondas and I've been a car nut ever since I knew how to spell the word so hopefully I can contribute something to the legacy community. All the info that you guys have been posting has been like gold in making up my mind. I've never bought a brand new car before...but this one is too good a deal to pass up so I'm taking the plunge into...well...new-car...ed...ness...or something along those lines. Not to mention this will be the first time that I'll own something other than a sports car or anything with more than 2 doors so I don't think there could be a better choice to pop my cherry with than a new GT. Enough rambling...I've got quotes locally for a new GT at around $1,200 under MSRP and a delivery time of 8 weeks so I'm fairly happy with those figures...not sure what everyone else has been seeing but I would have expected that MSRP or + would be par for course for the first 6 months...what has everyone else been seeing? Is that pretty much on track everywhere else too?

Welcome to the forum. You may want to check [url=http://www.legacysti.com/viewtopic.php?t=939]THIS[/url] thread out for more hints on pricing. If you just got an order in, yes it would be closer to 8 or more weeks. I was told when my order went in about 1.5 weeks ago about 6 weeks, so about a little over a month left. (I got my order in right before the cut-off for the month.) You may be able to get between 1-3% over invoice depending on where you are. Each percent is roughly equivalant to $250 to 300 depending on model.

Thanks a bunch for the help...I guess looking at invoice and my quote, it's not all that special then...might be worth driving it back from another dealership further away that has a better price then...not to mention the fun drive home :D

;) That's what I did. Locals didn't want to budge, so I called across the state. Got a screaming good deal. I would recommend Chilsons of Eau Claire, WI to anyone! I was brought in by their stellar reputation.

Archived