LegacyGT.com

Voiding Warranty

Malone75

I just recently bought another subie but it's been awhile since I had my last one. Anyways I wanted to put a perrin cbe. Perrin intake or SPT intake on my car but the question is what is allowed so i don't void my warranty?? Oh and my car is an 2008 DMG Legacy Spec.B

First, very very few things void a warranty and almost all of it is not based on you(i.e salvaged titles, etc).

You can mod your vehicle anyway you like. However, the flipside is if that mod causes the problem, Subaru can decline coverage for that repair. Only SOA can deny a claim due to abuse or mods, but there are some dealers out there that try to deny it themselves either because they do not know, or do not care.

[SIZE=1][URL="http://public.fotki.com/blackfang/"]Pics[/URL] [B]08 KawasakiZZR 600- exhaust and other mods 98 Camaro Z/28 HT- some mods......street/strip car 07 Legacy 2.5i- SPT exhaust...daily driver[/B][/SIZE]

yea i plan on getting an cobb accessport but i just have the money for the intake and the cbe for right now. Plus i havent seen any good videos of what the spt exhaust sounds like but i know the perrin sounds good. Oh and blackfang you are still going to the meet this saturday right?

Oh and blackfang you are still going to the meet this saturday right?

Yes, I am one of the ones who put it together along with my SOA Rep and another buddy. It will be at our dealership. We are looking at 160ish people and a lot of Subies!!:D

[SIZE=1][URL="http://public.fotki.com/blackfang/"]Pics[/URL] [B]08 KawasakiZZR 600- exhaust and other mods 98 Camaro Z/28 HT- some mods......street/strip car 07 Legacy 2.5i- SPT exhaust...daily driver[/B][/SIZE]

• 2 weeks later...
yea i plan on getting an cobb accessport but i just have the money for the intake and the cbe for right now. Plus i havent seen any good videos of what the spt exhaust sounds like but i know the perrin sounds good. Oh and blackfang you are still going to the meet this saturday right?

if you only have the $ for an intake and cbe, then get the ap instead. you can find a used one in the 500s in the marketplace here, and youll be getting a definite performance gain vs just some noise. add in a tune for ~100 depending on the tuner and youll be getting even more gains.

^+1 the AP as a starting mod is one of the best things you can get unless you want to go open source or protune. but an intake can actually significantly reduce performance and fuel efficiency without a tune (even with an AP's OTS maps) and a CBE is mroe noise then performance and is not even needed to go stage 2.

Yea true thanks for the advice guys that is def my next mod for sure. Just have to find a performance shop here in va to tune it for me

a tune isnt necessary (as in you can just use the cobb off the shelf map), but it is recommended.

ive gone w/ mike @ tuning alliance, and am very pleased with results.

others like infamous' maps. read around the forums and go with a tuner you feel comfortable w/ and are fine w/ the price point.

Also, if there is a problem with the car, flash back to stock, unmarry the AP. And oh noes, SOA nor the dealer will know its been modified.

. . . unless the AP has an error and refuses to unmarry itself, then you get to pull the ECU and ship the ECU and the AP out to Cobb to have them fix it. Fun stuff, let me tell ya.

Archived