LegacyGT.com

Blown Bizzak LM 25

EJH

Quick post - I thought some of you would find this interesting. I threw on my winter tires after blowing yet another sidewall on the re92s (Chicago roads), just to get me by until after me wedding this past Saturday. Driving back home from the wedding in Pa I discovered the tread completely coming off this tire. Looking back on it I could feel a little shake in the wheel, but figured it had more to do with the turnpike construction than anything...and having just been married I had a lot of other things on my mind. The damage was on the inside of the wheel so I couldn't see it, and I had checked the tire pressure several times over the course of our trip.

Very scary stuff. I was driving mountain roads with my new wife, two dogs and a packed car. Needless to say, we were very lucky, and I put four new tire on.

http://i237.photobucket.com/albums/ff170/grabface/Craigslist/tire.jpg

http://legacygt.com/forums/%3Ca%20href=%22http://s237.photobucket.com/albums/ff170/grabface/Craigslist/?action=view&current=tire.jpg%22%20target=%22_blank%22%3E%3Cimg%20src=%22http://i237.photobucket.com/albums/ff170/grabface/Craigslist/tire.jpg%22%20border=%220%22%20alt=%22Photobucket%22%3E%3C/a%3E

Wow! That's insane! :eek:

Glad y'all are OK!

A part of me is really mad at Bridgestone, after reading this post (particularly RE: post #4, I seem to remember that, too) - but the other part of me says "damn, that's a good tire for not having failed completely!"

<-- I love Winky, my "periwinkle" (ABP) LGT! - Allen / Usual Suspect "DumboRAT" / One of the Three Stooges

'16 Outback, '16 WRX, 7th Subaru Family

Wow! That's insane! :eek:

Glad y'all are OK!

A part of me is really mad at Bridgestone, after reading this post (particularly RE: post #4, I seem to remember that, too) - but the other part of me says "damn, that's a good tire for not having failed completely!"

As luck would have it, a co-worker of mine used to consult for Bridgestone on their manufacturing practices, and his wife works for Goodyear. I showed him the picture and he said without a doubt, the tire was defective, and went into a long explanation about tire manufacturing that I would not do justice by attempting to re-explain here.

I put a call into their headquarters on Saturday and left a voice mail, explaining that I just had a tire tread separate, that I had photos and still had the tire if they wanted it. I never received a return phone call, which is the most disturbing thing to me.

I never received a return phone call, which is the most disturbing thing to me.

^ That's more than disturbing.

That's down-right anger-producing. :mad:

<-- I love Winky, my "periwinkle" (ABP) LGT! - Allen / Usual Suspect "DumboRAT" / One of the Three Stooges

'16 Outback, '16 WRX, 7th Subaru Family

As luck would have it, a co-worker of mine used to consult for Bridgestone on their manufacturing practices, and his wife works for Goodyear. I showed him the picture and he said without a doubt, the tire was defective, and went into a long explanation about tire manufacturing that I would not do justice by attempting to re-explain here.

I put a call into their headquarters on Saturday and left a voice mail, explaining that I just had a tire tread separate, that I had photos and still had the tire if they wanted it. I never received a return phone call, which is the most disturbing thing to me.

Send them mail, registered mail even better.

Find who is top dog and address it to him/her. Attach photo too.

Tire photo that is ;-)

Voice mail may not get their attention (even though it should have).

Krzys

Archived