LegacyGT.com

Teflon coating in the Springs?

MUD

Anybody know of a REAL GOOD place where I can get the Simonize treatment, or other Teflon treatment if there's something BETTER. I'm looking to have it done here in the Springs, but will travel to Denver for a decent price.

The dealer will get it done for me at around 600$. I've read of others getting for around 200$.

The color is OBP, and I would really like the FULL (clay bar, wax & all that) service here since I don't know what the damn dealer used to detail the car. It looks like sh*t right now.

The other reason is that this is my first black car and I know NOTHING about the proper care of this color. So I'm in the process of researching (google is my buddy) it. I'd rather not mess up the BRAND spank'n new paint job on this beautiful thing.

Any info is greatly appreciated!

MUD.

It is the disposition of men to desire that which he cannot have, hence my un-quenchable wet desire for Shakira!

Have you ever heard of snake oil.. Teflon treatments, "simonize", rust protection fall under that category. For the best protection of your paint, you can't go wrong with a good Acrylic "wax" like Klasse. Long lasting, and makes dark colors look great.

I suggest reading up on detailing at http://www.autopia-carcare.com You can download their PDF which is chock full of detailing tips.. Very helpful stuff, and they have great prices too..

I LOVE that link! Thanx maing! That helps me out A LOT!

I have been told by a few people that have darker color vehicles that the teflon treatment is a must. One person really did a number on his black pearl cause he came from a silver car, and like me....all he used to do is wash it, and wipe it down with a towel...done! He did that a few times with the black....and messed it up pretty bad. He eventually had to take it to somebody to have a bunch of things done to it. Something like micro-abbrassions, re-applying this & that, THEN adding the teflon coating. All of which finally brought his color back to life!

I'd REALLY rather not mess up this OBP. I'm a rookie! HaHa!

It is the disposition of men to desire that which he cannot have, hence my un-quenchable wet desire for Shakira!

Archived