LegacyGT.com

Springs for Spec.b

kirbwrx

so which springs are made for the Bilsteins? I would also like to drop mine a little without a stiff ride.

Pinks, Swifts, Ions, Wangans, etc., are made for the Bilstein tophats, as is used for Bilstein and I believe also Tokico front struts. Cobb, Rallitek, Eibach are made for the KYB tophats, such as is used on the stock USDM LGT KYB front struts and for the Koni front inserts. There's really no harm in putting KYB-tophat springs on Bilsteins as long as you are aware that the ride height will differ from advertised and are satisfied with the result. There have been a few threads of people complaining about the height of their front ends when using certain KYB-tophat springs on Bilsteins.

bgLGT, see your location says Qatar, you doing the Deid?

Hey Kirbwrx, I'm a civilian I'm working for A&M's satellite campus on an engine research project. I get Christmas off luckily, and I can't wait to get back to SA.

I wish RCE hadn't abandoned their regular guy springs, I mainly want stiff rates with minimal lowering. I see JapanParts has Tommy Keira springs, but the drop isn't advertised. The rates look nice but I'm afraid they may slam the car. :(

I agree with sactojesse about the RalliTeks - they are a very nice spring, they just don't look asthetically pleasing. Here is a picture of my Spec B with RalliTeks... I really wish the front was about 1/2" lower. However, the ride quality is exactly what I was after, so I'll be keeping them. :)

http://i818.photobucket.com/albums/zz106/squiden/car_side.jpg

• 1 month later...

I tried to use 3/8" saggy butt shims, but they don't leave enough thread showing on the Bilstein struts. And since you can't just replace the studs (they have to be pounded out), I decided (for now) to just stick with the front end being slightly higher - it's really not too noticable unless you are looking directly from the side.

BTW - If anyone needs some saggy butt spacers, let me know. ;-)

you can buy the studs from paranoid fabrications (that's where i got my butt shims with the studs)

i believe there is a thread on where to buy the studs other than paranoid fabrications

. they come out quite easily with hammer - easier than you think.

however if you have a rear strut tower brace - if is pretty iffy if you want to keep it in or not because it will thread and tighten but from a manufacturing standpoint, it's not enough threads

:whore: on the studs coming out pretty easily - I did it in my garage with a hammer, no problem. In went the Geo Metro wheel studs (that still makes me :lol:; you can get them at your local auto parts store, or order online and save mucho dinero) and 3/8 spacers, and I was back in business within 1/2 hour.
sorry...this forum practically blows goat nuts so im not always on here.
Team Pony Express

POSTED FROM MY COMPUTER USING A WEB BROWSER

what about the progress springs? i have only found a few instances where people used them on their cars but the posts were over a year old. at only $200 they might be a good option. i think im leaning more towards swifts now, they are not going to slam my car are they? im looking for a firmer ride mainly, the drop doesnt really matter to me as long as its not too low. meaning, i dont care if it leaves the car stock height as long as the excess body roll and floating feeling is mostly gone.

what about the progress springs? i have only found a few instances where people used them on their cars but the posts were over a year old. at only $200 they might be a good option. i think im leaning more towards swifts now, they are not going to slam my car are they? im looking for a firmer ride mainly, the drop doesnt really matter to me as long as its not too low. meaning, i dont care if it leaves the car stock height as long as the excess body roll and floating feeling is mostly gone.

The Swifts will produce a significant drop.

Ride is fairly stiff and it took me a bit of time to get used to the change over stock. I'm now happy overall with both the drop and performance.

The Swifts will produce a significant drop.

Ride is fairly stiff and it took me a bit of time to get used to the change over stock. I'm now happy overall with both the drop and performance.

Thanks for the pics!!!

we talking coilover stiff? did you cut your bumpstops? how wide are your tires and do they rub or come close to rubbing?

Archived