LegacyGT.com

Center dash pod ciruit-board

Update: DiscoPete, Nice idea, unfortunately, I made the repair before reading you reply.

Apparently, there were two types of radios installed in 05. Mine has a Panasonic so I was able to take advantage of an exchange program: Total cost was $323. Still high but, better than $500.

I have an 05 OBXT. The circuit board, for the radio/CD and climate control, is starting to short out. My dealer says a replacement runs around $500. They also say they have a swap/exchange program that runs about half as much.

Has anyone experienced this problem? If so, does the replacement last longer? Alternatives?

I read somewhere that later model OB radios (06 & later, maybe?) have an AUX input that allows connection of an MP3 player, iPod, satellite radio etc., and that it will fit in the '05 OB.

Maybe it is possible to upgrade your electronics during this repair. It wouldn't hurt to ask about it.

If the $250 exchange deal would get the upgraded circuit board, I'd consider doing it even though my radio still works fine. :) Let us know how it goes.

Archived