LegacyGT.com

HID help!!

Clash

Boy, good question. Simply put, the only part you need to connect to anything on your car are the two loose wires in the second picture. You unplug the halogen light and then those wires plug into that connector. Without the plastic connector that clips into the Legacy wiring harness, i don't know how you are going to safely do this. Kits that are meant for the legacy will allow you to just insert those wires and then snap it to the factory harness. That looks like it has the connector for some other kind of car on it.

Other than that, the rest of the install should be the same as the article. Install the bulb and run the wires back out through the hole you drill in the cap. Seal the hole really well with silicone so moisture doesn't get in the housing to cause condensation. You just need to figure out how to connect that to the factory harness and you'll be ready to go. Without the plastic piece that came with my kit, I don't know how I would have connected them securely. Where did you get your HIDs at?

“Cleanliness becomes more important as godliness becomes more unlikely.”

O C D E T A I L S . C O M

OCDETAILS BLOG

I got the same kit today and will be installing this weekend (I hope). I believe all you have to do is hook one of those leads to the battery, one of them connects to the factory wiring where the stock bulb connects and the other should be a ground. These kits are supposed to be "plug and play" so there shouldnt be much hacking to do.

Im suprised that for a supposed great HID company like xenondepot.. they dont include some even basic instructions.. I dont need help locating where to put the stuff, but atleast a guide to what connector is what.

Looks like I was wrong about where the factory harness plugs into the system.. but thats to be expected when you get a product W/O instructions.

Ah well.. Looks like an easy install.. Just gotta figure out where to mount the ballasts.

Thanks for the instructions Clash.. Ill post pics of my install either sunday night or monday.

Archived