LegacyGT.com

New capabilities with the revised EJ25?

The previous model EJ25 NA engines were basically limited to about 230-235chp as the intake manifold was the limiting factor once the following modifications were completed: -Unequal-Length 2.25" Header-back exhaust w/ high-flow cat (equal-length is now available) -Cold Air Intake -Lightweight crank pulley -Modified camshafts (streetworthy) -Blueprinted cylinder heads Will the new intake manifold open up the capable flow rates, and will it have any other features that will potentially allow this engine to be more efficient or breathe better? I'd like to see at least one tuner produce a 100hp/L NA package for the EJ25. If the new manifold pulls through with better numbers, we'd be well on our way. Additionally, the modifications in the past have also been done without an equal-length exhaust or any upgraded engine management. Just some things to think about. :wink:

• 2 weeks later...
A couple shots of the revised NA engine with the new intake manifold... [img]http://legacycentral.org/images/NAIAS04/gallery/images/1_7_04_Detroit%20047.jpg[/img] [img]http://legacycentral.org/images/NAIAS04/gallery/images/1_7_04_Detroit%20046.jpg[/img]

• 5 months later...
would it be possible to put one of the new intake manifolds onto a 99 2.5 GT do you think, or does it make more sense just to buy a bored out one, or get someone to do it for me even? Just a thought, was surfin through the articles looking for ideas on my 99 2.5 GT Lmtd Legacy.

Sven, it depends on what is currently done to your car. The stock manifold is exhausted it's flow capacity once a header-back exhaust and intake are installed along with fully blueprinted heads including revised cams, and associating valvetrain hardware. That's about I think $4.5-6k worth of naturally aspirated parts. Let us know what you already have and what you have planned so we can better help you choose your desired path.

Archived