LegacyGT.com

STI Pinks or Sway bars on a Spec.B?

m_a_b

I would like to reduce body roll a little in my 08 Spec.B and so I was thinking about getting a set of the Rallitek F & R sways. Then I was also thinking about just getting the pinks instead. I know a lot of guys around here run the pinks, but I was wondering how they compare to the stock spec.b suspension? Would the spec.b struts + the pinks be a very (too) firm ride?

I want to keep the basic ride quality decent, but improve cornering, so sways are a natural choice, but I also like the idea of lowering the car about 1/2-3/4".

Any opinions?

I'm right behind you with my 06. Just ordered my rear bar and trying to find the right deal on a front one. Next step is springs even though I think the swaybars will keep me occupied for a little while. I wouldn't wanna lower my spec. b too much I still want it to be able to perform in the winter weather.

I'm right behind you with my 06. Just ordered my rear bar and trying to find the right deal on a front one. Next step is springs even though I think the swaybars will keep me occupied for a little while. I wouldn't wanna lower my spec. b too much I still want it to be able to perform in the winter weather.

Well, we don't get hardly any snow here and when we do, they pretty much close everything or I can take my other car. Let me know how you like the sways.

have you looked at the rallitek springs? i think thats what i am going for on my spec.b, really want the pinks but dont think i can drop $400+ for a set. i have found some cheaper on yahoo auctions in japan but after shipping they are the same price if not more.

I'm running zerosports sways, sti pinks and dunlop z1's. I did each one at at time when I had the money. Best bang for the buck was the sways by far.

The pinks are good and will def improve the handling. They are lower but not by too much. I do occasionally hit the bumpstops as I didn't do the bumpstop mod but I'm pretty sure the roads are worse in NY than where you are. :rolleyes:

^^Hell yes I guarantee they are haha. Good luck driving through nassau, worse roads than where I am at school in upstate NY...I cringe, my poor wheels...u can try to avoid them as much as possible but the bastards still seem to sneak up on ya.

Hey m_a_b I grew up in Knoxville :).

I went with a matched set of front and rear sway bars first. I was torn between just the rear JDM bar and a matched set of f/r. The improvement was great and I highly recommend it. I bet either option would be good. Now ten months later I'm about to upgrade my springs. I have a GT not a specB so our choices for springs is different. If you want to move forward cautiously one step at a time I can highly recommend the sway bar(s) first.

Hanslo

thx for the replies. Looks like a set of sways are in my future. See how they do and go from there.

Hanslo -I just moved back here last year. I'm really glad to be back after living in three other states for a while - I like Tennessee best!

Archived